Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
PinkShugar

Is 30yr old too old to try out SIA?

Post by PinkShugar » Tue, 03 Dec 2013 6:19 am

missyu wrote:
pianoplayer wrote: so did e two girls get booted out too?
One of them got in through the first round. So I guess it has nothing to do with age. As long as you're not past 30, I guess it never hurts to try :)
I hav turned 30yrs old dis year. Im very surprised to noe dat a 30-yr old candidate managed to go thru d 1st round. Like everyone else here, its my biggest dream to be an SQ crew, but unfortunately i only attempted to enter SIA last yr at d late age of 29. Needless to say, im very certain i got booted out due to my age... :cry:

missyu, can u plz describe to me abt d lucky 30yr old candidate in ur grup whu succeeded d 1st round? Wad makes her stood out in ur opinion? Such as Attractive physical appearance/ working background/ outspoken or laidback / speaks alot or juz briefly/ race/ height/ etc?? N why U tink d other 30yr old girl failed? To be honest, i kinda hav given up on trying out for SQ after failing 1st round few times... :-|

Can any kind souls enlightened me... Is d cut off age is rilly 28?? missyu, i will apprec it so much for answering my abv ques... Coz i dunno if i shud even remain HOPEFUL... Btw, i recently bcum a cabin crew for an international low-cost airline... Feeling grateful for bein accptd at d age of 30, bt unfortunately my dream airline is still SQ...

Hope to get any feedbcks... Thks in advc!!!

missyu

Re: Is 30yr old too old to try out SIA?

Post by missyu » Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:59 am

PinkShugar wrote:
I hav turned 30yrs old dis year. Im very surprised to noe dat a 30-yr old candidate managed to go thru d 1st round. Like everyone else here, its my biggest dream to be an SQ crew, but unfortunately i only attempted to enter SIA last yr at d late age of 29. Needless to say, im very certain i got booted out due to my age... :cry:

missyu, can u plz describe to me abt d lucky 30yr old candidate in ur grup whu succeeded d 1st round? Wad makes her stood out in ur opinion? Such as Attractive physical appearance/ working background/ outspoken or laidback / speaks alot or juz briefly/ race/ height/ etc?? N why U tink d other 30yr old girl failed? To be honest, i kinda hav given up on trying out for SQ after failing 1st round few times... :-|

Can any kind souls enlightened me... Is d cut off age is rilly 28?? missyu, i will apprec it so much for answering my abv ques... Coz i dunno if i shud even remain HOPEFUL... Btw, i recently bcum a cabin crew for an international low-cost airline... Feeling grateful for bein accptd at d age of 30, bt unfortunately my dream airline is still SQ...

Hi, I've PMed you :)

MissCatty

Post by MissCatty » Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:54 pm

missyu wrote:
PinkShugar wrote:

Hello Missyu do you mind PM me as well? I'm in the same situation too as PinkShugar :( hope you can help appreciate it, thanks a lot! :D

missyu

Post by missyu » Tue, 03 Dec 2013 1:01 pm

Hi MissCatty,

I've PMed you as well! Hopefully we can get to meet each other during the next interview :)
MissCatty wrote:
missyu wrote:
PinkShugar wrote:

Hello Missyu do you mind PM me as well? I'm in the same situation too as PinkShugar :( hope you can help appreciate it, thanks a lot! :D

drearydaisies

Post by drearydaisies » Wed, 04 Dec 2013 6:06 pm

Anyone from the 23nov interview still waiting for results? :)

beltella

Post by beltella » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 1:23 pm

Hi, I've attended the 23rd November interview but was booted out on the second day 2-1 interview. Are there any 'bans'? I've read that there are people who never got through the first round after that or there's a 2/6 months ban. :(

Anyone who got kicked out in the 2-1 interview and still managed to get through the first round during the next interview? :)

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 2:42 pm

beltella wrote:Hi, I've attended the 23rd November interview but was booted out on the second day 2-1 interview. Are there any 'bans'? I've read that there are people who never got through the first round after that or there's a 2/6 months ban. :(

Anyone who got kicked out in the 2-1 interview and still managed to get through the first round during the next interview? :)
:o

They are only rumors.. keep trying.

Jessoxm

Post by Jessoxm » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 4:13 pm

drearydaisies wrote:Anyone from the 23nov interview still waiting for results? :)
me :( im still waiting for my medical... my friend got her result in 4 days after the medical.

pandapandapanda

Post by pandapandapanda » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 5:15 pm

beltella wrote:Hi, I've attended the 23rd November interview but was booted out on the second day 2-1 interview. Are there any 'bans'? I've read that there are people who never got through the first round after that or there's a 2/6 months ban. :(

That's just a rumor babe. I got kicked out during the July intake at the management round (At that time was the 2-6 debate round).

Tried again for the Oct interview (felt too rejected previously to try the Sep intake that time) and passed all the rounds except for Medical as I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. So goodbye to flying for me I guess.

Don't worry just keep trying. I got in after 3 rounds of trying!

eloise

Post by eloise » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 7:09 pm

Jessoxm wrote:
drearydaisies wrote:Anyone from the 23nov interview still waiting for results? :)
me :( im still waiting for my medical... my friend got her result in 4 days after the medical.
I'm waiting too! Training dates are 6th jan to 9th jan I heard? I put my notice period 1 month.. if they don't call me tomorrow or Monday... I think there goes my chance man... What notice period did you put?

Decemberrr

Post by Decemberrr » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 7:33 pm

eloise wrote:
Jessoxm wrote:
I'm waiting too! Training dates are 6th jan to 9th jan I heard? I put my notice period 1 month.. if they don't call me tomorrow or Monday... I think there goes my chance man... What notice period did you put?
Hey babes, I was so restless waiting for my call the past few days too. But I just got a callback today, and training is in mid February! So don't worry bout it. I put my notice period as one month too. Figured we're getting our calls later cuz the immediate availability people will get their confirmations first.

So don't worry unduly just yet! The call will come soon (:

eloise

Post by eloise » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 7:39 pm

Decemberrr wrote:
eloise wrote:
Jessoxm wrote: me :( im still waiting for my medical... my friend got her result in 4 days after the medical.
Hey babes, I was so restless waiting for my call the past few days too. But I just got a callback today, and training is in mid February! So don't worry bout it. I put my notice period as one month too. Figured we're getting our calls later cuz the immediate availability people will get their confirmations first.

Thank you for telling us there is training in mid Feb! And congrats!! Gives me a little more hope to wait.. The wait is seriously killing us. Btw, did you go for second x-ray?

Decemberrr

Post by Decemberrr » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 7:51 pm

eloise wrote:
Decemberrr wrote:
eloise wrote: I'm waiting too! Training dates are 6th jan to 9th jan I heard? I put my notice period 1 month.. if they don't call me tomorrow or Monday... I think there goes my chance man... What notice period did you put?

Thank you for telling us there is training in mid Feb! And congrats!! Gives me a little more hope to wait.. The wait is seriously killing us. Btw, did you go for second x-ray?
No problem! Totally understand how horrible the feeling of not knowing is like! Nope, I didn't have to go back for a 2nd X-ray. But then according to the old posts in this topic and all my googling, seems like if there's a rejection letter due it'll arrive by the 2nd week of the wait right? Tmr's already the last day of this 2 weeks wait, so if you haven't gotten any letter yet, that prolly means you're good! Hang in there babe, your call might just come tmr!

drearydaisies

Post by drearydaisies » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 7:56 pm

Oh dear :( I put my notice period as immediate and I haven't received any calls/emails yet. perhaps the delay is caused by my outstanding documents? Getting so impatient and restless about the wait!

Jessoxm

Post by Jessoxm » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:40 pm

eloise wrote:
Decemberrr wrote:
eloise wrote: I'm waiting too! Training dates are 6th jan to 9th jan I heard? I put my notice period 1 month.. if they don't call me tomorrow or Monday... I think there goes my chance man... What notice period did you put?

yup theirs start jan 9… ive alrd tender at my current job… if im.not getting in at lleast the rejection letter will make me feel better than just waiting… my notice period is a month…im afraid i will get rejected cos i wrote sea motion sickness.as severe n have backache during menses :( and they wanted discharge summary from me from the hospital cos i had high fever but i wasnt hospitalized at all not sure why they insisted they do provide but a&e says.don.have …:( im so saddddd:(