Singapore Expats

PR Application Rejected, Can I Appeal?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
elisa w

PR Application Rejected, Can I Appeal?

Post by elisa w » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Friends,

Just to get some advices from here!

I am from China and have been here for over 7 years (3 years studying and 4 years working), I have been holding PR for 3.5 years. I am 27 and my Gross income now is about 9.5K/Mth.

My husband is from Myanmar, he has been here for over 11 years, he got PR Invitation letter in 2009 after graduating from Local Poly. But after he submitted the PR Application, it was rejected in 2010. He tried in 2011 and 2012, Both were rejected again.

After we registered for Marriage here in Feb 2013, we tried again, but this time I applied for him under the criteria of Spouse of Singapore PR. However, it was rejected again after 6 months' waiting.

We have bought a house here earlier this year, my husband is 29 years old and his Gross salary is 2.9K/mth.

His immediate elder brother is citizen here and 04 of his cousins are also citizens here and they all married. Can anyone advise whether we should appeal, and what are the chances that we can appeal successfully?

Thx a lot!

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PR Application Rejected, Can I Appeal?

Post by AngMoG » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 2:06 pm

elisa w wrote:Hi Friends,

Just to get some advices from here!

I am from China and have been here for over 7 years (3 years studying and 4 years working), I have been holding PR for 3.5 years. I am 27 and my Gross income now is about 9.5K/Mth.

My husband is from Myanmar, he has been here for over 11 years, he got PR Invitation letter in 2009 after graduating from Local Poly. But after he submitted the PR Application, it was rejected in 2010. He tried in 2011 and 2012, Both were rejected again.

After we registered for Marriage here in Feb 2013, we tried again, but this time I applied for him under the criteria of Spouse of Singapore PR. However, it was rejected again after 6 months' waiting.

We have bought a house here earlier this year, my husband is 29 years old and his Gross salary is 2.9K/mth.

His immediate elder brother is citizen here and 04 of his cousins are also citizens here and they all married. Can anyone advise whether we should appeal, and what are the chances that we can appeal successfully?

Thx a lot!
You can appeal, but I would not think it has much chance of success. Wait until you are married for two years, then apply again.

Curious though that he was rejected after getting an invitation letter. Are there any negative details you are omitting, such as criminal record?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 2:17 pm

I think his salary is the problem. In Singapore, Husband sponsoring wife's PR is easier to get than the other way around. Your husband needs to upgrade his skills and get closer to your salary for him to be considered for PR.

elisa w

Post by elisa w » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 2:17 pm

No Criminal record at all.

Actually we were the last batch of students graduated from Government Schools received PR invitation. That time most of my Myanmar Classmates were rejected, we guessed it was because of the Myanmar situation that time, in 2009, there was some serious political movements and demonstrations on going, in Myanmar, so the society was quite unstable.

elisa w

Post by elisa w » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 2:28 pm

[quote="Wd40"]I think his salary is the problem. In Singapore, Husband sponsoring wife's PR is easier to get than the other way around. Your husband needs to upgrade his skills and get closer to your salary for him to be considered for PR.[/quote]

Thanks a lot! We did consider this part.

However, recently we have friends approved, they graduated from same school, but after us. they married and recently have a baby girl, the whole families applied together, and they got it. They are working in the same company as my husband, even same department and same position with similar the salary also.

So ??

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 2:43 pm

You mentioned your husband's brother and cousins are Citizens here. That could also be a factor. We know that ICA dont like extended family members to relocate here.

I have to say though that, we are just speculating, there is no way to know what the exact reason is and these days, its become extremely difficult to predict PR outcome.

Things which are not in our control, there is nothing we can do. Things that are in our control, we can try to work on, for example, upgrading skills trying to get a higher salary etc.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 5:57 pm

elisa w wrote: However, recently we have friends approved, they graduated from same school, but after us. they married and recently have a baby girl, the whole families applied together, and they got it. They are working in the same company as my husband, even same department and same position with similar the salary also.
So ??
So make some babies (preferably male) and try apply for PR again.

Hopefully the conception + delivery period will help you cross 2 years of married time together which is just perfect.

elisa w

Post by elisa w » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 8:22 pm

[quote="Wd40"]I think his salary is the problem. In Singapore, Husband sponsoring wife's PR is easier to get than the other way around. Your husband needs to upgrade his skills and get closer to your salary for him to be considered for PR.[/quote]

Thanks! You are right, no matter what we have to continue to work hard and improve and upgrade ourselves, not only for PR, but also for our future life....

elisa w

Post by elisa w » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 8:24 pm

[quote="FaeLLe"][quote="elisa w"]
However, recently we have friends approved, they graduated from same school, but after us. they married and recently have a baby girl, the whole families applied together, and they got it. They are working in the same company as my husband, even same department and same position with similar the salary also.
So ??[/quote]

So make some babies (preferably male) and try apply for PR again.

Hopefully the conception + delivery period will help you cross 2 years of married time together which is just perfect.[/quote]

Actually we plan to have a baby next year, but we both wanna continue to study for degree, so we decided to delay for giving birth. Hmm... confused...