Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mat2882

Post by mat2882 » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 2:12 pm

but i guess the main determining round for skin check is the skin check round right? if they deemed ur skin isnt good enuff for sq, they would have disqualified u in that round right? why bother give u hope? true?

Sky16

23rd nov interview

Post by Sky16 » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 6:05 pm

Hello! Anyone went for the 23 nov interview got through and waiting for results?

drearydaisies

Re: 23rd nov interview

Post by drearydaisies » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 6:28 pm

Sky16 wrote:Hello! Anyone went for the 23 nov interview got through and waiting for results?
Hello! I was called back for a 2nd xray on 26nov and am now waiting for results!

eloise

Post by eloise » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 7:12 pm

Heard that a lot of girls went back for 2nd x-ray. Wonder what are the chances. This wait has only been days and it's killing me!

Sky16

Re: 23rd nov interview

Post by Sky16 » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 8:07 pm

drearydaisies wrote:
Sky16 wrote:Hello! Anyone went for the 23 nov interview got through and waiting for results?
Hello! I was called back for a 2nd xray on 26nov and am now waiting for results!
Hi i didn't get any calls but they did sent me an email yesterday and told me to go down tomorrow to submit my o level cert which i forgot
On the interview day.

Yes the wait is killing me!
Last edited by Sky16 on Thu, 28 Nov 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sky16

Post by Sky16 » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 8:08 pm

eloise wrote:Heard that a lot of girls went back for 2nd x-ray. Wonder what are the chances. This wait has only been days and it's killing me!
Did you go for the 2nd xray? What's you availability? :)

eloise

Post by eloise » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 8:17 pm

Sky16 wrote:
eloise wrote:Heard that a lot of girls went back for 2nd x-ray. Wonder what are the chances. This wait has only been days and it's killing me!
I did! Feeling damn worried when they called me. I put one month! What about you? Did the doctor write anything else? I was pretty worried because I've some scars on my feet and the doc was writing it on my sheet. (which can be covered up with make up, and I didn't do it during medical rd.)

Sky16

Post by Sky16 » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 8:39 pm

eloise wrote:
Sky16 wrote:
I did! Feeling damn worried when they called me. I put one month! What about you? Did the doctor write anything else? I was pretty worried because I've some scars on my feet and the doc was writing it on my sheet. (which can be covered up with make up, and I didn't do it during medical rd.)
Mine is mid dec. i didn't managed to see what the doc wrote and yes so worried! Which doc? The young one with bangs? She didn't say anythin about mine

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:31 pm

xin1993 wrote:
Jennica wrote:Hi people!
I went for the 23 nov interview, it was my third attempt. But I was out in the 2 to 1 interview. I wonder how do you guys deal with rejection and keep on trying again and again? How do you even stay motivated? I am still a poly student and is going to graduate next year...will this actually affect my chances cause I still remb that the interviewers were shocked to hear that I am only going to graduate next year...

Thanks for replying!=D
Hi Jennica! Keep trying if this is what you really want. You might not believe this but I've attempted 9 times and it has been a year since I've gone for my first interview. The SIA website has stated that those who are graduating before April 2014 are welcomed to join. Is it because your given notice period is too long?
missyu wrote:Hi Jennica,

As for myself, it's really a job that I must experience in my lifetime so that is what keeps me going. I guess going a few times will make the rejection feel not so bad as each previous time?

If you're going to try again, wanna go together? :)
Not really. I feel even worse after each rejection. It actually lowers my self-esteem like I'm never good enough for SIA. However, I don't want to give up since it's my dream job.
omg i feel the same way. tried 5 times on n off in total n am not sure if i should continue trying. also, nearing the cut off date of age 25 soon. :(((

drearydaisies

Post by drearydaisies » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:34 pm

eloise wrote:
Sky16 wrote:
The doctor did mention about the acne scarring on my face too even though I concealed them with makeup :( worried about this too. Rly rly hope it won't affect my chances...

missyu

Post by missyu » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:57 pm

pianoplayer wrote: omg i feel the same way. tried 5 times on n off in total n am not sure if i should continue trying. also, nearing the cut off date of age 25 soon. :(((
I guess it's our dream jobs, so that's why we keep trying. In my group there were 2 girls who hit 30 already. I guess what matters most is how you carry yourself in the first few rounds?

I always got booted out in the first round, too nervous seeing the 2 interviews :(

pgbunny

Post by pgbunny » Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:06 am

Anyone starting training on 9th Jan? I received a call this morn! My doctor was the young lady with bangs & I also had to go for a 2nd checkup! So for those waiting for the call, you'll probably get it soon!:)

pgbunny

Post by pgbunny » Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:14 am

vaingirl101 wrote:Hey ladies, went for the 23rd November interview, passed and went on to the 24th Nov interview. Got into Kebaya round but is placed on KIV list due to my coloured hair and ONE pimple scar. The lady said that they will email me with a date to come back for review.

Anyone in the same boat??

Hopefully they'll get back to me with a review date. :(
Hello! I was in the same boat as you, Interview on 5 oct, but KIV during the kebaya round on the following day! I Have since cleared all & awaiting training! As long as you improve on the areas mentioned to you, you'll have a good chance!:)

They will send you an email about 2 weeks before the review date (Usually its on a Sunday, one day after the Cabin crew interview date posted on the website).

drearydaisies

Post by drearydaisies » Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:11 am

pgbunny wrote:Anyone starting training on 9th Jan? I received a call this morn! My doctor was the young lady with bangs & I also had to go for a 2nd checkup! So for those waiting for the call, you'll probably get it soon!:)
Hi! Do you have any outstanding documents to submit? I didn't have my passport with me on the day of the interview and the lady said she'll arrange a day for me to go down and submit it. Does this mean that I'll probably receive the call (if I clear my medical) only after I submit the documents needed?

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:23 am

pianoplayer wrote: omg i feel the same way. tried 5 times on n off in total n am not sure if i should continue trying. also, nearing the cut off date of age 25 soon. :(((
Cut off is 28, you are fine. Don't worry! Keep trying!
pgbunny wrote: Anyone starting training on 9th Jan? I received a call this morn! My doctor was the young lady with bangs & I also had to go for a 2nd checkup! So for those waiting for the call, you'll probably get it soon!
That's fast!