Singapore Expats

Happy Turkey Day

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nakatago

Happy Turkey Day

Post by nakatago » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:29 pm

or the day dem injuns would regret helping paleface. But with guys like these, the Darwin award nominees sorta kinda even things out.

http://io9.com/the-best-turkey-frying-d ... 1472707558
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 1:29 pm

We'll be doing our on Saturday afternoon. Have never had any mishaps in several decades of deep frying turkeys. But there are, as shown in your clips, lots of candidates for Darwin awards out there.

Happy Turkey Day to those who celebrate Thanksgiving.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 1:34 pm

What's makan for all of us to drop by?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 1:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:We'll be doing our on Saturday afternoon. Have never had any mishaps in several decades of deep frying turkeys. But there are, as shown in your clips, lots of candidates for Darwin awards out there.

Happy Turkey Day to those who celebrate Thanksgiving.
And for this thanksgiving reminder, I'd like to echo one of our locals' favourite lines.

Those who do not know, you may Google it. :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 1:54 pm

Now if somebody would have suggested an afternoon BBQ on their lawn type of affair ahead of time, a couple of turkeys and we could have had a southern style Turkey Day - but not on Turkey Day as somehow, extended families get in the way. Something worth thinking about? I've got the rig and it is portable. =P~
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 2:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Now if somebody would have suggested an afternoon BBQ on their lawn type of affair ahead of time, a couple of turkeys and we could have had a southern style Turkey Day - but not on Turkey Day as somehow, extended families get in the way. Something worth thinking about? I've got the rig and it is portable. =P~
How about those students asking you if they could join you for dinner?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 2:20 pm

Yeah, I saw that at 6:45 am and looked at their time stamp and just kept going! :lol: