Singapore Expats

Exit Permit Expired ( 19 months ) with no notification etc

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
justanoob

Exit Permit Expired ( 19 months ) with no notification etc

Post by justanoob » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 3:16 pm

Hi all,

I just realized that my exit permit has expired for 19 months! And i'm still currrently overseas doing my masters degree. I've tried extending my permit online and realized that I can't. I probably need another 8 months or so to complete my degree.

I did some search on this forum and saw this: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic78147-0.html

I have a few questions:
1) What are the offenses ?
2) If there's a possibility of jail time, may I know what can i do to prevent myself from going to jail ? What's the fine rate like?

Just a bit more information about myself:
1) I have completed my national service ( 2 years 4 months ) and ORDed on April 2006.
2) I'm out of Singapore since September 2006 till now. I've only been back to Singapore for no more than 4 weeks during this period of time.
3) I did not receive any call ups for reservist.
4) during this period of time i did apply for exit permits, but i am not sure why my exit permit expired for 19 months ( or maybe more )

That's all for now.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:55 am

Email CMPB now and explain yourself.

If they call you back just go home and forfeit the semester because of your mistake or face the consequences once you return home.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:38 pm

Exit permit? Can anyone explain to me what that is?

justanoob

Post by justanoob » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:40 pm

hi thanks for your reply.

I have already emailed and made several calls back to CMPB. I was told to wait while my request has been expedited to CMPB.

There must be some misunderstanding somewhere in between as I remember clearly that i have requested for an exit permit before my masters degree; this exit permit should have just ended last month.

Thank you for your reply!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:57 pm

Fortan wrote:Exit permit? Can anyone explain to me what that is?
applies to 'able bodied Singaporeans/PRs' who have national service obligations ..

http://www.ns.sg/cs/content/eServices/m ... about.html

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:18 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Fortan wrote:Exit permit? Can anyone explain to me what that is?
applies to 'able bodied Singaporeans/PRs' who have national service obligations ..

http://www.ns.sg/cs/content/eServices/m ... about.html
I see - thanks :)

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 6:03 pm

justanoob wrote:hi thanks for your reply.

I have already emailed and made several calls back to CMPB. I was told to wait while my request has been expedited to CMPB.

There must be some misunderstanding somewhere in between as I remember clearly that i have requested for an exit permit before my masters degree; this exit permit should have just ended last month.

Thank you for your reply!
In your initial post you mentioned that your exit permit has expired for 19 months but in your recent post you mention it should have ended just last month?

So which is it... does it show up as expired 19 months ago in error then it should be a quick fix.

Wait for CMPB to respond, at least you have documentation that you tried to resolve this issue.

But in either case if they deny you an online renewal you might have to head back home to sort it (possibly over a weekend?).