Singapore Expats

Thinking of part-time childcare?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Tracyh

Thinking of part-time childcare?

Post by Tracyh » Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:08 pm

Hi, I have just moved here six weeks ago with my husband from the UK. I've thought about doing part-time childminding as I really miss being around children. My husband has started work at one of the local International Schools so I have spare time to myself. My background is that I have just left working in a Infant & Junior Primary School in the UK. I still hold a full CRB safeguarding clearance. I really miss being around children but do not particularly want to return to a formal working environment.

Can anybody help give me some pointers?

Thanks!

Tracyh

Post by Tracyh » Tue, 17 Sep 2013 1:53 pm

Hi, sorry, I've received a couple of PM messages but I am unable to return a reply to you as I am a 'newbie' I don't have that facility yet!

Pennywhistle

Post by Pennywhistle » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 8:17 am

I think you need to have a minimum of 5 posts to be able to send PM's . (I could be wrong though! Maybe someone else who knows 100% could give you advice).

I think I may have been one of those people who sent you a private message. Hopefully you can PM soon, would love to hear from you!

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 1:44 pm

You might have to get approval from the authorities to do this. Maybe some of the expats with more knowledge of Sg law can point you in the right direction.
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra632216.html

lurong0609

Post by lurong0609 » Wed, 20 Nov 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Tracy,

I just had a baby and need to return to work in mar 2014, my baby will be 6 months old by then. I have been desperatedly trying to figure out the daycare/family care arrangement for my baby when I go back to work.

Where do you live? I am at river valley/Robertson quay area, would you be interested in helping look after my baby on weekdays please?

Thanks!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 20 Nov 2013 4:43 pm

If you are holding a Dependants Pass (DP), informal freelance work like this is illegal. You are fine as long as you do it free of charge, though.