Singapore Expats

Need obstetrician and private hospital recommendation.

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
Clarkem

Need obstetrician and private hospital recommendation.

Post by Clarkem » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 1:43 pm

Please help me! My husband and I together with our 2 daughters (aged 5 and 3) are relocating to Singapore from Sydney,Australia in October 2013 when I will be 6 months pregnant with our 3rd child.
We are looking at residing around the Orchard area and I need to organise an obstetrician and private hospital to give birth - any suggestions from anybody?
My previous 2 births have been natural and uncomplicated - but who knows what can happen with the 3rd?
Any help would be most appreciated.

reb123

Post by reb123 » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 1:19 pm

Mount Elizabeth is the private hospital closest to Orchard, and also the most expensive in Singapore. Lots of Obstetricians there- Dr Selina Chan and Dr Ann Tan are 2 that I've heard of that expats use.

I'm seeing Dr Brenda Low at Gleneagles- she has lots of expat patients and I find her more approachable than some doctors I've seen here. Gleneagles is pretty close to Orchard, and also has other obstetricians.

When you get here, you can just call up the office of the doctor you want to see and make an appointment.

A guide for cost of delivering over here (in the different hospitals) can be found here:
http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... lSize.html

Clarkem

Post by Clarkem » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 1:33 pm

Thank you!

atsail

Top obgyn in Singapore

Post by atsail » Mon, 18 Nov 2013 8:21 pm

I just gave birth 6 weeks ago in Gleneagles hospital (near orchard). Gleneagles is under the same umbrella of parkway hospital group as Mt.Elizabeth. I can confidently recommend my doctor, you won't regret choosing Dr Anthony Siow Yew Ming. You can google him anthony siow.com and read his profile and achievements. I had c section with unbelievably fast recovery due to his expertise. Amazing! Very caring, friendly, nice to talk to.