Singapore Expats

Contact lenses

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
stevetheosteo

Contact lenses

Post by stevetheosteo » Tue, 05 Nov 2013 1:52 pm

Not sure if this is the right section but can anyone recommend a place for contact lenses?

I normally get daily toric (Bausch & Lomb) from Lucky Plaza. It's $55 a box (so $110 a month) which is the cheapest I've found so far. Just wondered if anyone's got any other recommendations - monthly/daily etc but needs to be toric (for astigmatism).

Cheers

Huchuyu

Post by Huchuyu » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 5:24 pm

Buy from Johor bahru if you want to be more cheaper. A lot of singaporean by that in Johor bahru.

stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by stiwi » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 9:54 pm

Check here: http://ezyvision.com.sg

I don't know how does their prices compare to Lucky Plaza, but after asking at few places here about prices I gave up and simply stock them when I am overseas. Prices for contact lenses in SG are like 3x to what I pay in my home country.

stevetheosteo

Post by stevetheosteo » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:24 am

Thanks for the link! I tried picking up some from the UK but because I've been away a while they all wanted me to take a new eye test...which I probably should do but didn't have time. At these prices I'm really tempted to opt for laser surgery now - it'd pay for itself pretty quickly!

Michael X
Regular
Regular

Re: Contact lenses

Post by Michael X » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 1:01 pm

stevetheosteo wrote:Not sure if this is the right section but can anyone recommend a place for contact lenses?

I normally get daily toric (Bausch & Lomb) from Lucky Plaza. It's $55 a box (so $110 a month) which is the cheapest I've found so far. Just wondered if anyone's got any other recommendations - monthly/daily etc but needs to be toric (for astigmatism).

Cheers
Thats the right price for Singapore, I have been to a few places and they are always around $55/box. I get them at The Bencoolen. Get them overseas if you want to save.

anvvvv

Post by anvvvv » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 7:38 pm

Get it from jb legit retail stores, its a lot cheaper there. I have astig so e hard lens i have to wear costs an exorbitant amount, but i got it for a fraction of e cost at jb!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 9:00 pm

anvvv, I think you need a new keyboard as there is something wrong with yours. That or you don't mind insulting the intelligence of the rest of us by using a child's texting language. You are not sms'ing, neither are you limited by the number of characters.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

princessb

Post by princessb » Wed, 18 Jul 2018 2:42 pm

JB is cheaper, I buy it there.

Evangline.s

Post by Evangline.s » Mon, 23 Jul 2018 9:37 am

There are some opticians selling contact lenses at around $12 monthly. seen them around punggol and eunos area