Singapore Expats

Feedback on a media digital frame

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
pra12

Feedback on a media digital frame

Post by pra12 » Tue, 22 Oct 2013 1:08 am

Hi Guys,

i wanted to get some feedback from you all.

I've started to create a "media frame" and wanted to get your thoughts on functionality/features.

Basically it is a 14" LCD screen housed in a wooden picture frame which will have the following functions:
1. Display photos which are linked to your personal picasa account (i.e. just like a digital picture frame). Any picture you take from any device and upload to picasa will be shown on your "media frame" at home.
2. Show the weather in full screen during the morning hours from 6am-8am (configurable timing) - includes high/low, as well as graph of todays forecast. Idea is that when you wake up you can see that.
3. Show the top-3 news headlines from new.google.com in a category of your choice from 6am-8am (cycle through with the weather).
4. Well defined structure so that people can extend it and show whatever information they want when they want.

Firstly, what do you think about this product? Do you think it is useful? If not, what would make it useful?

Appreciate your feedback.

PRA

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Oct 2013 6:43 am

Ceiva.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 22 Oct 2013 6:51 am

Yep, nothing really new.

Pra12, please do not post any links/contact info for this product.

andresdavalos

Post by andresdavalos » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 10:28 pm

No!

As I know, there are some digital picture frames with Google Android system!

This means, it can do what an Android phone to do!

Just search for some more details. See you later!