Singapore Expats

Dealing with or avoiding depression....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 29 Oct 2013 6:30 pm

Entrenching tool. Yah, are there any of those left? ;

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 29 Oct 2013 7:21 pm

JR8 wrote:I find some Malay women, especially scarfies, over-compensate for their ''''required meekness, and submission to God'''' by being absolute bitches.

[PLEASE BE CLEAR THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ***NOTHING TO DO WITH LYNX**** who I have never met, nor any individual on this forum, the chat just sparked the thought.]. This is about my very very extended family.... ok.

I've been chewed out a few times by NYC wimmin, but Malay-scarfies? Ffff, some of the most shockingly and gratuitously rude people I'd met.

Then you have the weird dichotomy of the charming, male host and his bitch-harridan wife....

funny old world.
Sounds like my (Javanese) ex.... more pious than the grand Imam of Iran when out but behind closed the doors the most fouth mouthed, bigoted, outright nasty person I knew.

saykreem

Re: Dealing with or avoiding depression....

Post by saykreem » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 5:30 pm

PNGMK wrote:OK I turned 49 on Sunday.

Today I'm a little depressed, worried about my job and generally thinking it's all down hill.

I know internally it's not that bad. However emotionally I feel it's bad.

I know excercise can help, I know being outside definitely helps.

I have far less depression in Singapore than I do in suburban environments in Australia.... the lonely, souless sucking life of Perth Suburbia has to be experienced to be believed.

I don't know you, but if you tried directing your thoughts away from yourself, and focusing more on helping others, you might find yourself substantially happier/at peace. Your life might also have more substantiality. Too often when people are angsty or depressed, they direct more energy towards 'healing' themselves than is necessary.

Again, I do not know you, but I hope you find satisfaction and happiness :) Don't delve too deeply into your problems!
Have a great day