Singapore Expats

Visit pass allow to go overseas?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
xChequita

Visit pass allow to go overseas?

Post by xChequita » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 2:13 pm

Hi,

I recently got married with my husband who is an SPR. We have applied for long term visit pass. In the process of applying, I applied a short term visit pass while waiting for the results of my long term pass.

I'm just wondering if during the period of time when I'm holding a short or long term visit pass, can I go back to my home country (Malaysia) for a few days for the upcoming CNY or any other emergencies? And, will my visit pass be voided after coming back to Singapore? Can I still be able to apply for a new visit pass?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 2:43 pm

A long term visit pass is also a multiple entry visa so you can go outside singapore and return within the validity of the long term pass. A short term pass is for single entry only.

xChequita

Post by xChequita » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks a lot! :)

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Visit pass allow to go overseas?

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 3:40 pm

xChequita wrote:Hi,

I recently got married with my husband who is an SPR. We have applied for long term visit pass. In the process of applying, I applied a short term visit pass while waiting for the results of my long term pass.

I'm just wondering if during the period of time when I'm holding a short or long term visit pass, can I go back to my home country (Malaysia) for a few days for the upcoming CNY or any other emergencies? And, will my visit pass be voided after coming back to Singapore? Can I still be able to apply for a new visit pass?
You'll have to re-apply if you leave. That said, you should know if you're approved or not for your LTVP long before Chinese NY.

xChequita

Post by xChequita » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 4:02 pm

This is meant for short term visit pass, I suppose. I applied my long term pass a month back. I should receive the results pretty soon. If long term pass allows me to go in and out of Singapore, I guess I will have no worries anymore. Thanks anyway!
zzm9980 wrote:
xChequita wrote:Hi,

You'll have to re-apply if you leave. That said, you should know if you're approved or not for your LTVP long before Chinese NY.

xChequita

Post by xChequita » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 4:03 pm

bro75 wrote:A long term visit pass is also a multiple entry visa so you can go outside singapore and return within the validity of the long term pass. A short term pass is for single entry only.
May I know where do you get the information from? I couldn't find it in the ICA website. Just for confirmation.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 4:40 pm

My 3 year old daughter is a LTVP holder ( 1 year renewable). We are able to leave and re-enter Singapore without our daughter having to give up her LTVP.

I also cannot find the info online that says that you can leave and re-enter singapore on your LTVP but you can take it from my daughter's experience. You can also ask ICA if you are still worried.

xChequita

Post by xChequita » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 4:43 pm

bro75 wrote:My 3 year old daughter is a LTVP holder ( 1 year renewable). We are able to leave and re-enter Singapore without our daughter having to give up her LTVP.

I also cannot find the info online that says that you can leave and re-enter singapore on your LTVP but you can take it from my daughter's experience. You can also ask ICA if you are still worried.
Thanks. It's disappointing because I called ICA but it is only automated responses. I can't speak to anyone directly regarding this question. Thanks. I will ask them when I collect my long term pass. :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 5:04 pm

SVP is for holidays

LTVP is for residency. Clearly residency is likely to probably involve leaving the country occasionally, and then returning.

Laws and procedures don't usually lay down what is taken for granted - the sky is blue, chicken cluck, and people on holiday are on holiday, and so on.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 6:40 pm

xChequita wrote:for the upcoming CNY or any other emergencies
Finally, somebody dares to say the truth!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 7:48 pm

I believe, if you will but just take out your LTVP and look on the reverse of the card it will tell you that it also contains a multiple entry visa. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 29 Oct 2013 6:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe, if you will but just take out your LTVP and look on the reverse of the card it will tell you that it also contains a multiple entry visa. :roll:
it states, oh wait ..

"multiple journey visa issued .. " :)

is that open to interpretation ? :evil:

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 9:36 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I believe, if you will but just take out your LTVP and look on the reverse of the card it will tell you that it also contains a multiple entry visa. :roll:
ah so that's where I've read it before ...