Singapore Expats

Can my potential B employr apply Spass for me while A emplyr

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
kim809

Can my potential B employr apply Spass for me while A emplyr

Post by kim809 » Wed, 23 Oct 2013 2:15 pm

Can my potential B employer apply Spass for me while A employer's
IPA is still available?

I've got IPA from employer A but decided not to go there and asked
employer A to cancel but they didn't answer and didn't cancel my IPA.

In this situation, potential employer B can apply visa for me because
IPA expires after two month and I am looking for a job now.

Please help me anybody

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Oct 2013 3:11 pm

No. You have to have employer A withdraw the first application before you apply foe he other company. Otherwise you throw a spanner into the works and we've seen people that lost both jobs over because the employers got tired of waiting for MOM to sort out the mess. Not advised.

Once the initial IPA has expired, then Company B can apply, but not before.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Wed, 23 Oct 2013 3:46 pm

I strongly suggest you work things out with Employer A. Either get them to withdraw their application, or at least start working with them, and then resign as soon as your contract allows. Even that is something I do not really recommend though, since "job hopping" counts against you with MoM.

Otherwise, they could complain about you to MoM for breach of contract (if you do not report to work), which would probably make future visa approval difficult for you.

The best solution would be to work with Employer A at least for a couple of months.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 9:31 am

AngMoG wrote: Otherwise, they could complain about you to MoM for breach of contract (if you do not report to work), which would probably make future visa approval difficult for you.

The best solution would be to work with Employer A at least for a couple of months.
if the employer is an SME, I bet 90% there is a chance they WILL Write to MOM to blacklist the employee, and it works ...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:44 am

In today's employment of FT foul atmosphere, that wouldn't surprise me one iota.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:In today's employment of FT foul atmosphere, that wouldn't surprise me one iota.
and rightfully so :) :)

kim809

you make me scared

Post by kim809 » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 4:15 pm

It's very hard to contact Employer A because of my irresponsibility.
When I got IPA from Employer A, my previous visa was cancelled which means I have to leave Singapore in one month.

Few~~~ Do you think it's possible for me to re-enter Singapore saying to check point when I am entering here I've got IPA from Employer A but I didn't receive it yet? because I presume they will not cancel my IPA in two month.

Have a goooood day guys...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: you make me scared

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 4:23 pm

kim809 wrote:It's very hard to contact Employer A because of my irresponsibility.
When I got IPA from Employer A, my previous visa was cancelled which means I have to leave Singapore in one month.

Few~~~ Do you think it's possible for me to re-enter Singapore saying to check point when I am entering here I've got IPA from Employer A but I didn't receive it yet? because I presume they will not cancel my IPA in two month.

if your passport allows visa on arrival, why bother with IPA ?

which country are you from ??

or .. did you switch job from somewhere to Employer A, and then decided to switch again ? confused .. I am ..

kim809

3m

Post by kim809 » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 4:39 pm

I can get 3 months tourist visa on arrival in Singapore but these days I heard that some people from my country are rejected due to unnecessarily often visit in a year and I am worrying I can be seen like that they all entered though. so maybe I could tell them I got IPA from Employer A but haven't got it yet.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: you make me scared

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:11 am

kim809 wrote:It's very hard to contact Employer A because of my irresponsibility.

kim809 wrote:I can get 3 months tourist visa on arrival in Singapore but these days I heard that some people from my country are rejected due to unnecessarily often visit in a year and I am worrying I can be seen like that they all entered though. so maybe I could tell them I got IPA from Employer A but haven't got it yet.
As you mentioned, you can re-enter Singapore on tourist visa. If you do not have your IPA on hand, I wouldn't mention it at the immigration. I can imagine they get enough people everyday who try to lie their way in by saying they have an IPA when actually they don't. It is your responsibility to have all the necessary papers needed to enter the country, so there is no reason for you not to have it. Additionally, it may have been canceled/withdrawn, which would also make things difficult for you if they check. And there is a possibility they may try to contact Employer A to verify if you do not have the document, at which point it may get difficult for you if you have not fixed things with them.

I don't understand the part about your visa being canceled because of the IPA; those two are not directly related. Your visa gets canceled when your (previous) employer cancels it, or when it expires.

It may be "hard" to contact Employer A, but believe me, it could be even harder on you if you do not. You have been irresponsible, own up to it, apologize, and try to salvage what you can. And if you manage to stay in Singapore after all this, I hope you learn from it and do not try to do this kind of thing again.

kim809

my sincere thanks

Post by kim809 » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:17 am

my sincere thanks to you