Singapore Expats

life in singapore for pakistani

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
justadnankhan

life in singapore for pakistani

Post by justadnankhan » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 4:30 am

hi this is adnan, can anyone help me to guide about the life in singapore for a pakistani who could ear 5K SGD in telecom sector and i can see no direct flight to singapore. if any of pakistani can show interest in replying as i unable have some answer about the decision. what about the cost of living and future with such income....plz reply

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 9:31 am

I don't know about direct flights, but PIA fly to KL in Malaysia, and that's a simple short-hop connection down to SIN.

You will find lot's of previous discussion of salaries vs costs/accommodation etc., in the 'Relocation' section here > http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum33.html

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:32 am

JR8 wrote:I don't know about direct flights, but PIA fly to KL in Malaysia, and that's a simple short-hop connection down to SIN.

You will find lot's of previous discussion of salaries vs costs/accommodation etc., in the 'Relocation' section here > http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum33.html
SQ was supposed to start Direct flights but that didn't happen .. the schedule was removed.

IN any case, there are enough convenient 1 stop services, from UL and AI .. and a bit of longer routes via Dubai, KUL, BKK and more ..

justadnankhan

Post by justadnankhan » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:40 am

thanks for the replies . what about the salary and will i be able to save after paying taxes from the actual salary of around 5K SGD as I'll not go for my own car etc and how much is the rent for 1 bed there.

thanks,

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:01 am

You will find explicit discussion of these matters in the previously linked section.

You can't expect people to go and find them, just for you, when you can do so yourself.

Besides, whilst reading through the previously linked section, you will also learn the answer to the next batch of questions, you haven't even thought of yet :)

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:27 pm

I had a Pakistani colleague who used Srilankan Airlines everytime to fly to Pakistan. There is a stop over at Colombo.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 4:26 pm

Wd40 wrote:I had a Pakistani colleague who used Srilankan Airlines everytime to fly to Pakistan. There is a stop over at Colombo.
Yep I noticed that. I use Sri Lanka Air a lot - the CMB hub has some good connections into the ME and very cheap onward flights to London.