Singapore Expats

Employing Nanny/Housemaid (i.e. Foreign Domestic Worker)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Michael788

Employing Nanny/Housemaid (i.e. Foreign Domestic Worker)

Post by Michael788 » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 6:22 am

If I work in Singapore & isn't a permanent resident, can I employ a nanny or housemaid (i.e. foreign domestic worker) without needing to comply to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower's requirements:
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... orker.aspx
In particular, can I employ a foreign maid below 23 or above 50 who can be a social visit pass renewable every 2 weeks or 30 days by crossing over to Johore Bahru & re-entering Singapore?
Please enlighten me on this matter. Thanks to all!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 6:29 am

Michael788 wrote:If I work in Singapore & isn't a permanent resident, can I employ a nanny or housemaid (i.e. foreign domestic worker) without needing to comply to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower's requirements:
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... orker.aspx
In particular, can I employ a foreign maid below 23 or above 50 who can be a social visit pass renewable every 2 weeks or 30 days by crossing over to Johore Bahru & re-entering Singapore?
Please enlighten me on this matter. Thanks to all!
We do not condone illegal activities in this forum and what you're aiming to do is illegal. Be aware that the government monitors this website as well.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:02 am

I'm intrigued, why would you think the rules don't apply to you? :???:

Actually I'm really more interested in knowing what your dodgy scheme is :wink:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:20 am

nakatago wrote:...
We do not condone illegal activities in this forum and what you're aiming to do is illegal. Be aware that the government monitors this website as well.

And to answer the OP, you can employ a maid as long as you have an EP or PEP, if you are not a PR or SC ..

Or did you mean you too will be freelancing in Singapore minus any form of permit ?? :eek: