Singapore Expats

Norwegian Drivers License to drive in Singapore?

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
Energiepac

Norwegian Drivers License to drive in Singapore?

Post by Energiepac » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:42 pm

Hello!

I have a Long Term Visit Pass, and wondering if a Driver's license from Norway is recognised here in Singapore to just drive (not rent or buy a car)? I do not have a International Drivers Permit.

I heard the US driver licenses are recognised by Singapore and one can use to drive here?

Thanks!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Norwegian Drivers License to drive in Singapore?

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 1:34 pm

Energiepac wrote:Hello!

I have a Long Term Visit Pass, and wondering if a Driver's license from Norway is recognised here in Singapore to just drive (not rent or buy a car)? I do not have a International Drivers Permit.

I heard the US driver licenses are recognised by Singapore and one can use to drive here?

Thanks!
I think you're ok for 12 months but you should consider getting a conversion.

dxb625

Post by dxb625 » Fri, 11 Oct 2013 8:27 pm

My husband has a US license and he is ok to drive here for 12 months. However, the problem we encountered was that a number of insurance companies here do not want to insure foreign license. We got ours from NTUC.
So before you buy a car, call the insurance company to see if they want to insure you. Else, you won't be able to get a vehicle. The transfer process at LTA will require proof of license.