Singapore Expats

Do you like photography & hiking? Join me for local outings!

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Monika0206

Do you like photography & hiking? Join me for local outi

Post by Monika0206 » Wed, 06 Feb 2013 9:47 am

Hi,

does anyone want to join me for outings in Singapore to take photos and do a little bit of walking / hiking - mostly around the Nature Reservoirs, Woodlands, Park Connectors and Islands around Singapore.

I recently discovered my love for photography, have attended a few Canon Courses and got a Canon 60D for Christmas :-). Coming from Austria, I always liked hiking, so I thought that the combination of doing both would be just great!

There are a few nice possibilities for outings in Singapore and nearby Malaysia with quite nice sceneries such as waterfalls, nature parks etc.

The ultimate thing however would be to get a few people together to go hiking/trekking around Asia such as Kota Kinabulu, Mount Rinjani, Lake Toba etc. but open for ideas!

Send me a private message if you would like to join - the more the merrier! Ideally, these outings would take place on Saturday early mornings once or twice a month and occasionally on a weekday.

A bit about me: I am in my late thirties, have two kids age 6 and 9, a husband who travels all the time and have been living in Singapore since 2006.

Looking forward to making new friends!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Feb 2013 10:18 am

Please do not spam the board with multiple identical posts. (your other two posts have been deleted) Also your signature has been reduced to a single hyperlink as per the boards policy (a single line of text or a single hyperlink). Additionally, as we do not allow any advertising or soliciting, any reference to your link in the body of your posts are forbidden and will be deemed as advertising and/o soliciting and could cause your account to be locked.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Monika0206

Post by Monika0206 » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 9:02 am

Very sorry! Didn't realize its spam if I look for buddies and as I wasn't sure in which forum to post I thought its ok to post it in more than one.

Also, email signature - I did put a link to the website I write for as I think its great information, all of which is not in conflict with yours at all.

spinoreen

Post by spinoreen » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Monika,

I have some photography friends who are doing the similar hiking/trekking around island, but we have less activities now. Anyway, you are welcome to join ours or I can always join yours if time permits.

Do PM me for contacts :-)

Also, I am going to organise some free photography talks from March onwards, will keep all updated.

Cheers,
SP
facebook.com/szeping

Monika0206

Post by Monika0206 » Fri, 08 Feb 2013 1:40 pm

Great, sure, would love to join. Please can you try to pm me instead, the system doesn't allow this for newbies... :???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Feb 2013 3:00 pm

It's to prevent spammers. Basically, like your first three posts appeared to be. You PM function is activated (the send function) once you have made 5 posts so you should be able to PM now anyway. While what goes on in PM is none of our concern..... :-) when we get complaints from our readers about uninvited PM's, e.g., soliciatations & advertising, then we will proceed to lock accounts. We are strict here, but that is the reason the board is not filled up with garbage.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sooze

Post by sooze » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:01 pm

Hey Monika/szeping,

I would love to join you for your outings. I love nature photography but I don't have that many friends quite as into it.

It would be lovely if you could PM me as I am new :(

Cheers! x

Kayatoast

Post by Kayatoast » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:53 am

Hi! I'm moving to Singapore next month (having lived there before and enjoyed hiking there) and I'd love to join you. I'm new so please could you PM me :) . Thanks!

Tanuki
Regular
Regular

Post by Tanuki » Wed, 31 Jul 2013 1:17 am

Kayatoast wrote:Hi! I'm moving to Singapore next month (having lived there before and enjoyed hiking there) and I'd love to join you. I'm new so please could you PM me :) . Thanks!
My wife and I will be there by early September and look forward to joining some hikes. We love to find animals in the wild and want to get better at capturing more in photos. Nice to see these activities posted up! :D

Cheers

Tanuki

Phillyg

Post by Phillyg » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I'd be interested in this too, walking and photography are two of my favourite things!

evehill

Post by evehill » Tue, 01 Oct 2013 11:09 am

Hey I would love to come along but I'm not a digital photographer. I'm a lomographer (whoop! hipster alert!)