Singapore Expats

looking for a research and analytic job

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
dia_awesome

looking for a research and analytic job

Post by dia_awesome » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 3:49 pm

Hi
I have 4 years of experience in Market Research and Analytics. I have just moved to Singapore with my husband.I am looking for a job in this domain .I apply for jobs online but don't get much response.Can someone help me by telling me the procedure to look for a job in Singapore?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 4:43 pm

LinkedIn. Persistence. And a large helping of luck in today climate here. Families should never take up a foreign posting unless they are prepared to go it on one income. The countries doing the hiring are "allowing" a trailing spouse/children to follow as it makes it easier for the potential employer to secure the help needed. However, they don't have to even allow the trailing spouse the ability to work unless they can qualify in their own right. This is not always as they (the company) would have to justify why they wanted a foreigner. The fact is, this country goes out of the way to make it easier but offer the Letter of Consent option which means the company doesn't have to justify the necessity. However, that still doesn't make it any easier as the MOM may or may not grant the LoC. It used to be virtually automatic, but no days, we are seeing them rejected as well. Good luck. You may need it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 8:40 pm

You have just moved? Its probably not you. Its just how the job market in Singapore is. Very illiquid. Its probably nothing to do with your residency status. It just takes time to find a job here. On average 5-6 months.

dia_awesome

Post by dia_awesome » Tue, 01 Oct 2013 10:14 am

Thanks..i have been looking persistently for a job!!!