Singapore Expats

Thinking of applying for PR (parents) but not the child?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Everlasting

Thinking of applying for PR (parents) but not the child?

Post by Everlasting » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:07 pm

Hi,

Can anyone pls shed some light as to what we can do if we want to apply for PR here but not for our son as we don't want him to be in the national service...Will that be possible or what visa can he apply in order to stay here with us?

Thks so much !!

nakatago

Re: Thinking of applying for PR (parents) but not the child?

Post by nakatago » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:15 pm

Everlasting wrote:Hi,

Can anyone pls shed some light as to what we can do if we want to apply for PR here but not for our son as we don't want him to be in the national service...Will that be possible or what visa can he apply in order to stay here with us?

Thks so much !!
* PR for parents but son not included-->you most probably won't get your PR granted.
* you can still stay in Singapore with your son not being a PR. That also means you can't apply for PR without it being rejected.
* You most probably won't get PR without including your son if you want him to live with you.
* You can live and work in Singapore with employment passes and your son on a dependent pass or student visa.
* You most probably won't get PR without including your son if you want him to live with you.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 11:37 pm

If you are approved as PR without including your son in the application (low chance of this happening), then you can apply an LTVSP pass for him (if not studying or in preschool) or student pass (if studying for pri 1 and above).

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 1:39 am

By your question, you prove that you really don't want to be 'permanent' or you would all become permanent residents. You want to be able to skip town along with the kid without regard to obligations. I think the gahmen doesn't want that kind of PR any more.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 6:27 pm

Thks so much !!
You could leave Singapore. I certainly don't want you here. Your attitude is exactly what has cost long term PR like myself (20 years) lose of privilege and benefits and I don't my son protecting your ungrateful ass when he does his NS.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:16 pm

I second PNGMK's feelings as well, I've been here 31 years and my son just finished his NS in May and is now a reservist. :x
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Tue, 01 Oct 2013 2:11 am

PNGMK wrote:

Thks so much !!
You could leave Singapore. I certainly don't want you here. Your attitude is exactly what has cost long term PR like myself (20 years) lose of privilege and benefits and I don't my son protecting your ungrateful ass when he does his NS.
I totally agree with PNGMK.

I may sound a little harsh, but this is my advice (feel free to read it as a request).

GET out of here and go to your country of origin. You are are bringing bad name to your countrymen.

It may be legal to do what you want to do, but it is surely NOT right. The agencies in Singapore know how to detect this and reject applications.