Singapore Expats

EP / PR rejected.... Guy and family back to Manila....

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

EP / PR rejected.... Guy and family back to Manila....

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 4:02 pm

Read in the Online ST that a filipino guy had his new EP application rejected when trying to change jobs and also had his PR rejected....

There must be hundreds of these cases every year so was surprised to see one in the news. It would appear that the Govt/media is starting the campaign showing its tough stand on FT's is working already.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 4:14 pm

So TWO employers are now up shit creek without an employee? They should both sack every damn sinky, pack up and move their operations overseas and report that in the bloody ST!

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 4:26 pm

I am trying to find the rationale behind publishing such a useless article... I guess Barnsley is right. There are also no details as to his position or potential salary. But with two kids, I hope he earned well ;)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 4:30 pm

AngMoG wrote:I am trying to find the rationale behind publishing such a useless article... I guess Barnsley is right. There are also no details as to his position or potential salary. But with two kids, I hope he earned well ;)
That was what I was thinking too. Why feature this when they could have featured on why employers here are having hard time like local applicants? I think the latter would have driven the nail through.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 6:39 pm

It's all a con job and a smoke screen.

It has the potential also to backfire, hurting an entire family so the reasoning has to be utterly sound but unfortunately the report is half baked at best.

Is there a case to ask if there is humanity left?
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 6:56 pm

Read the comments after the article. The comments reflect the same sentiment as on this thread :)