Singapore Expats

Running Events/Swiss Hotel Vertical Marathon

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
lsingapore

Running Events/Swiss Hotel Vertical Marathon

Post by lsingapore » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 5:18 pm

Hi all,
I have been in Singapore about a year now but lots of people come and go and friends here are not all that into running events..

In Singapore there is usually an event every month.

I was wondering if people wanted to set up a little group so we can meet and join the events together to stay motivated.

I was thinking of registering for the Swisshotel Vertical Marathon before it is full/closes.

Let me know what you think!

I am by no means an established runner but would like to get more into it. All abilities and girls/guys welcome!

Laura 26/f/UK

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 7:26 pm

I'm not interested in the Vertical (gulp) Marathon...but I have already registered myself for the Elite course for the Commando Challenge.

12 km of 25+ obstacles...I'm not physically fit for it for now, but once there's a goal, we train for it!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

HA
Regular
Regular

Post by HA » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 3:50 pm

Lsingapore- I will be keen. I did the Vertical Marathon this year- held at Asia Square, but Swissotel would be a different challenge as it is higher.

Akimbo- when/where is the Commando Challenge? 25+ obstacles sounds fun. Is it few obstacles repeated through the course, or 25 unique obstacles?

Edit: both- pls feel free to PM me if you wish.

McMarco

Post by McMarco » Wed, 27 Nov 2013 4:04 pm

I've skipped Swissotel this year but planning to attend next year - so far I've completed only 38 floors so need to build up my legs before attending 74 :)

Anybody knows about places where it's allowed to practice for such an event? I think 60 floors should be enough?

@Lsingapore, if your into stair running training let's get in touch!
You want something? Go and get it!

Tickles

Post by Tickles » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 3:36 pm

I think recently the one making waves on the streets is Run For Your Lives. Any one saw the zombies roaming the streets for their marketing campaigns?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 4:15 pm

I think there was a few months ago...but maybe that was for Walking Dead :P

Anyway...

Event: Lion Dash Sprint 2013
Date: 8 December 2013
Time: 08.40 till finish!

Event: Commando Challenge Elite 2013
Date: 15 December 2013
Location: Green Corridor Singapore, ultimately the last part of the obstacle course will be from Tanjong Pagar Railway Station
Time: 08.20 (I think...) till finish!

I'll be going for those this weekend and the next. If you're coming too, let's cross the finish line together! My bib is 0615 for CCE!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

ssingapore

Post by ssingapore » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Laura,
I would be interested! Been here 6 months but I understand what you mean about the challenge in finding new friends in Singapore to run with. I could use something like this as well for motivation -sometimes it's so easy to just get lazy with it if you don't have anyone else to keep you motivated!
I just registered on here, but PM me if you want : )
Sara 25/f/US

McMarco

Post by McMarco » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:07 pm

In case anyone is looking for place to practice for any vertical I found out that best place a HDB complex at Toa Payoh - 40 floors. Haven't been there yet, but friend told me there is no problem to get in and run.
You want something? Go and get it!

HA
Regular
Regular

Post by HA » Sat, 25 Jan 2014 7:07 pm

There is one in Tiong Bahru where I practised last year. I don't remember, but it was over 35 floors and open entry.