Singapore Expats

Leaving singapore while waiting for LTVP appointment

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mogumogu91

Leaving singapore while waiting for LTVP appointment

Post by mogumogu91 » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 7:02 pm

Hi all, does any of you experienced this before?

I have received the In-principle approval for Long Term Pass, so i have to make appointment to complete formalities. However, the earliest date i can get is on 9 October 2013 while my short term pass expired on 27 September 2013.

My short term pass has been extended previously, and it is said in the short term pass approval letter that i am not allowed to extend it.

What are my option? Am i allowed to leave Singapore while waiting for the appointment date?

I tried to call ICA but always put on hold for really long time. after that, they said the office close already. Since i might need to quickly book ticket so i thought maybe i can get faster reply here...

Thanks in advance :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leaving singapore while waiting for LTVP appointment

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 9:39 am

mogumogu91 wrote:Hi all, does any of you experienced this before?

I have received the In-principle approval for Long Term Pass, so i have to make appointment to complete formalities. However, the earliest date i can get is on 9 October 2013 while my short term pass expired on 27 September 2013.

My short term pass has been extended previously, and it is said in the short term pass approval letter that i am not allowed to extend it.

What are my option? Am i allowed to leave Singapore while waiting for the appointment date?

I tried to call ICA but always put on hold for really long time. after that, they said the office close already. Since i might need to quickly book ticket so i thought maybe i can get faster reply here...

Thanks in advance :)
where are you from ? If your passport is of one of those countries where you get Arrival visa, and you haven't exceeded 90 days, you can try for one more extension, at ICA. Walk in to the Visitor center and explain to the staff there. . btw, if you got LTVP on Spouse scheme bring along your spouse / marriage cert too ..

mogumogu91

Post by mogumogu91 » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:45 am

Hi ecureilx, thanks for your reply :)

I'm from Indonesia, and i got LTVP on local university graduant scheme.

Just before i read your reply i managed to contact ICA and they said i can extend one more time if i can prove my in-principal LTVP approval and appointment.

But i didn't know that i can extend one more time if i didn't exceed 90 days. Wonder why they stated in the website that extension can be done once only....

Thanks again anyway :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:12 am

mogumogu91 wrote:Hi ecureilx, thanks for your reply :)

I'm from Indonesia, and i got LTVP on local university graduant scheme.

Just before i read your reply i managed to contact ICA and they said i can extend one more time if i can prove my in-principal LTVP approval and appointment.

But i didn't know that i can extend one more time if i didn't exceed 90 days. Wonder why they stated in the website that extension can be done once only....

Thanks again anyway :)
the 90 day thing is .. due to some legal mumbo jumbo that goes like you are exceeding 'short term stay' .. don't worry

as I said, go and get it done ..

As for the note that no-more extensions etc is to discourage those who have no valid reason to seek extension .. which, in your case, doesn't apply ..