Singapore Expats

letter from ICA re PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FFF1234

letter from ICA re PR

Post by FFF1234 » Fri, 24 May 2013 2:23 pm

just received a letter from ica which asks to submit a letter from employer stating designation , date of employment and salary for last 6 months , and also letter from my country's high commission attesting the date of birth of my wife and myself. but doesn't say anything on whether the pr application is accepted or not. what is this supposed to be inferred as - YES/MAYBE/NO ???? Do PR results clearly mention the result like accepted or not done types?? The letter from employer which they have asked for is it similar / same as the EP 152??

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks
FFF1234

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 May 2013 2:47 pm

It means just what it says, nothing more, nothing less. They have questions that they want answered. It is still not an indication of either positive or negative. But if you don't give them what they want, they just stop processing and you wither and die on the vine.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 24 May 2013 3:30 pm

Agree with SMS.
2 months after we submitted our PR application, we were asked for additional information regarding our family members and after that they kept us waiting for 8 more months and finally sent a clear letter stating "Rejected". So yeah, they will make it very clear if you are "Approved" or "Rejected" but at the moment what they are asking is just additional information.

lolipop99
Regular
Regular

Post by lolipop99 » Fri, 24 May 2013 8:06 pm

If you could post some more info such as race, country of origin, salary, marital status, number of sons... then it is more meaningful for others to make an educated guess on your chance. Most of the time these letters are autogenerated when officers in doubt of conflicting info in the application with background check, remember knowingly providing false information for PR application is an offence by law

FFF1234

Post by FFF1234 » Sat, 21 Sep 2013 4:56 pm

Finally approved. After full 1 Year and a week. Indian, 34 years. Banking, 300++, here since June 11. Wife is Architect doesnt work here, daughter 3 years. BE Hons , MS Hons education. Been a long wait but finally all ended well.
FFF1234

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Sep 2013 5:07 pm

Congratulations, FFF. In hindsight, I think the reason why you got the additional information request was probably to ascertain the validity of your claims as your income is quite high for the low age (granted not necessarily in the banking/financial circles) so they were probably just insuring you input before putting a stamp of approval (and also to see if you had the staying power.

Again, congratulations. And also thanks for coming back to let us know! That is really appreciated as it's the only way we have of collecting more or timely data. :)

FFF1234 wrote:Finally approved. After full 1 Year and a week. Indian, 34 years. Banking, 300++, here since June 11. Wife is Architect doesnt work here, daughter 3 years. BE Hons , MS Hons education. Been a long wait but finally all ended well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers