Singapore Expats Forum

30/m from England, arrived this week!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Phillyg

30/m from England, arrived this week!

Postby Phillyg » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:01 pm

Hi!

I'm Phil, I moved to Singapore this week and start a new job on Monday 9th. I have next week off to do some of the boring but essential stuff, but that also means I have some time spare to hopefully do some fun things too.

I just turned 30 last week, I enjoy football (watching not playing as i'm pretty rubbish), golf, cricket, rugby, live music, photography, travelling, cinema, food, scuba diving, craft beers and probably more too.

I'm sociable and quite outgoing so up for meeting people and making new friends, so please get in touch!

Cheers

boomerang84

Re: 30/m from England, arrived this week!

Postby boomerang84 » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 5:50 pm

Phillyg wrote:Hi!

I'm Phil, I moved to Singapore this week and start a new job on Monday 9th. I have next week off to do some of the boring but essential stuff, but that also means I have some time spare to hopefully do some fun things too.

I just turned 30 last week, I enjoy football (watching not playing as i'm pretty rubbish), golf, cricket, rugby, live music, photography, travelling, cinema, food, scuba diving, craft beers and probably more too.

I'm sociable and quite outgoing so up for meeting people and making new friends, so please get in touch!

Cheers

Hi Phil,

I made the big move from Cardiff and arrived yesterday! Have you had much luck on this forum meeting people?
I don't know anybody and so if you want to go for a coffee then I have some free time before I start work on Monday 16th. Currently in a hotel near Clarke Quay.

Have you started looking at accommodation yet? I can't get over the cost of some of the condo's.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kylie

MitulP
Regular
Regular

Postby MitulP » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:19 pm

Hi mate,

Hope you're settling in alright.

I'd be up for grabbing a beer sometime. I've been here about a year now with work.

I'm a 28yo guy from London.

Let me know if you want to catch up or if you organize a group thing!

cheers Mitul. mitul001@hotmail.com

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Stevie_W » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:28 pm

Hey guys

Another brit here. Give me a shout if you want to meet up for a drink and/or food sometime.

Stevie

boomerang84

Postby boomerang84 » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:39 am

Hi!

I've seen an event on this Saturday, its posted on the newcomer's lounge '30s club'!
7pm meeting at Blu Jazz Cafe (food first at Cafe Le Caire then to the Jazz cafe, both on Arab Street)- looks fun and well organised.

Be good to meet you you all there??

Phillyg

Postby Phillyg » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 12:43 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses and apologies for not getting back to you! I have only had sporadic internet access this week but finally back online now. It would be good to meet up, so i'll look to sort something out so hopefully we can all say hi.

Cheers

Phil

hamsterchris

Postby hamsterchris » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:57 pm

Hi guys,

Another new Brit here. Been in Singapore a week on a 1 month handover before starting proper in November.

Would be good to meet up with any other newcomers over a beer or two to find out how everyone's experience of Singapore is so far. Especially on where looks good to live and the price of beer!

Let me know if a meet up is arranged, work in MBFC so easy to get anywhere.

Cheers

Chris

auskid

Meet up?

Postby auskid » Fri, 13 Sep 2013 4:59 pm

Hey guys,

My boyfriend and I (27 & 28) just moved over a couple of weeks ago from Australia for work. We'd love to meet some new people. Send us a message if you guys end up doing some sort of meet up.

Cheers,

hamsterchris

Postby hamsterchris » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 8:49 pm

Hi guys

Anyone free Monday or Wednesday night and fancy a drink around Raffles or boat quay?
Girlfriend arrives Thursday for a week so would be good to see more of the place before then so I can show her around properly.

Both of us are 32 but act much younger!

If no one is free will see if anyone is interested in meeting up when we are over in November.

Chris

You can drop me an email on hamster _ chris at Hotmail com

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Stevie_W » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:51 am

Let's get the ball rolling then:

When: Wednesday 18th September
Time: I don't finish work till 20:00 but it doesn't mean that you can't meet up earlier.
Where: Penny Black on Boat Quay. It's the first bar on the water front as you're coming from Raffles Place

Anyone welcome to come down. Let me know if you can make it and i'll get them to keep a table aside for us.

You can drop me a message on 9067 7873 if you want to contact me.

Stevie

hamsterchris

Postby hamsterchris » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 9:03 pm

Hi

Sounds great will be there, Stevie how will I know it's you? All up for meeting new people but randomly introducing myself to a bar full of people could get me a bit of a reputation.

Anyone planning to head down earlier? Can easily be there by half seven if not a bit before, I will be the guy with a beer and a lost look on his face!

Chris

EmmyPemmy

Postby EmmyPemmy » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 9:24 pm

Hi guys, I'm up for this too... I'm BRAND new, all of two days and the thought of being in my hotel room at the weekend is somewhat depressing! Anyways, how do we know who "we" are when we meet????

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Stevie_W » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 9:44 pm

I'll get them to reserve a table for me. Say from 7ish. Gives you guys a chance to talk before i come along and take the limelight ;)
I'll book it in my name, Stevie. They know who i am.

And when i turn up i'll be the guy brushing my long blond hair..........oops no, that was a line from a Clapton song. I meant i'll be the guy with long black hair. You can't miss it.