Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific Or Silkair??

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
CaseyHan

Cathay Pacific Or Silkair??

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:14 am

hi everyone,

I have been selected as a CC by Silkair. Today I am also shortlisted by Cathay Pacific for interview.

Anyone knows regarding to the salary, which airline is better? Cathay or Silkair??

ps: during my final interview of Silkair, the staff told us the pay before CPF is about 3k, after CPF is abt 2.5k. And all allowance also contribute CPF (which i previously thought only basic pay will contribute CPF)

I heard cathay pacific Singaporean crew only fly HK- SG route. No chance to go anywhere else. it that true?

Thank you everyone for answering me. =) :) :)

crumpler

Re: Cathay Pacific Or Silkair??

Post by crumpler » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:16 am

CaseyHan wrote:hi everyone,

I have been selected as a CC by Silkair. Today I am also shortlisted by Cathay Pacific for interview.

Anyone knows regarding to the salary, which airline is better? Cathay or Silkair??

ps: during my final interview of Silkair, the staff told us the pay before CPF is about 3k, after CPF is abt 2.5k. And all allowance also contribute CPF (which i previously thought only basic pay will contribute CPF)

I heard cathay pacific Singaporean crew only fly HK- SG route. No chance to go anywhere else. it that true?

Yes. i have heard that they only fly to HKG and it's full pledge meal service carrier (alot of singaporeans and PRC) not easy to handle also haha. I guess Silkair is definately better in terms of pay...Coz CX only get around less than 2k per mth after cpf...

CX called u for interview? when is it? held at where ? Thanks

CaseyHan

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:25 am

crumpler wrote:

Yes. i have heard that they only fly to HKG and it's full pledge meal service carrier (alot of singaporeans and PRC) not easy to handle also haha. I guess Silkair is definately better in terms of pay...Coz CX only get around less than 2k per mth after cpf...

Ya CX email me for interview.
Date : 23rd September 2013
Time : 09:30am
Venue : Meranti Room, Crowne Plaza Changi Hotel, 75 Airport boulevard, Singapore 819664

Need to bring alone the invitation email print out to attend the interview.

the pay for CX is that bad ma?? less than 2k? u serious? CX is 5 star airline lehh, same as SIA. Silkair only 4 star.....

anyone else can clarify for me, is that true?? if really that less i wont be considering about CX

crumpler

Post by crumpler » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:31 am

CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote:

Venue : Meranti Room, Crowne Plaza Changi Hotel, 75 Airport boulevard, Singapore 819664

the pay for CX is that bad ma?? less than 2k? u serious? CX is 5 star airline lehh, same as SIA. Silkair only 4 star.....

anyone else can clarify for me, is that true?? if really that less i wont be considering about CX

when did u submitted your resume? I have heard it from a CX fren that's what she told me seriously is about $2k after cpf..Coz no long flights just a turn around flights... Coz you are basically doing a HKG turn... Even for SIA they only paid u for $70 for a turnaround hkg flight :)

CaseyHan

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:43 am

crumpler wrote:
CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote: Yes. i have heard that they only fly to HKG and it's full pledge meal service carrier (alot of singaporeans and PRC) not easy to handle also haha. I guess Silkair is definately better in terms of pay...Coz CX only get around less than 2k per mth after cpf...

when did u submitted your resume? I have heard it from a CX fren that's what she told me seriously is about $2k after cpf..Coz no long flights just a turn around flights... Coz you are basically doing a HKG turn... Even for SIA they only paid u for $70 for a turnaround hkg flight :)

I submit my resume last Friday. and today i received the reply. thats vy speedy..

How about JAL? the salary is about how much? should be higher than cathay right?

crumpler

Post by crumpler » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 12:02 pm

CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote:
CaseyHan wrote:

I submit my resume last Friday. and today i received the reply. thats vy speedy..

How about JAL? the salary is about how much? should be higher than cathay right?

I guess is higher coz they got long flights also.... Did you send to ' sin#[email protected] " this email? Coz i heard some ppl can't send it thru due to some errors....haha

CaseyHan

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 12:12 pm

crumpler wrote:
CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote:

I guess is higher coz they got long flights also.... Did you send to ' sin#[email protected] " this email? Coz i heard some ppl can't send it thru due to some errors....haha

yes, should be ok bah, cos i can send in.

anyway, thanks for your answer.. even though its a disappointment. =(

crumpler

Post by crumpler » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 12:46 pm

CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote:
CaseyHan wrote:

So are u still heading over to the interview? haha... Have u signed the contract?

CaseyHan

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 1:49 pm

crumpler wrote:
CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote:

So are u still heading over to the interview? haha... Have u signed the contract?
yes i m going for the interview. i need to figure out how much is the pay form the staff over there.

I actually rejected the offer from silkair. last thursday is the final interview and on friday i received the email saying i was selected, asked me to go medical check on sat, but i replied the email n rejected the offer. (still feeling sorry abt they time n everything). =(

I would have accepted if they allowed me to commence next year, but the email say they r staring on 28 oct.
=(

crumpler

Post by crumpler » Tue, 10 Sep 2013 9:12 am

CaseyHan wrote:
crumpler wrote:
CaseyHan wrote:

yes i m going for the interview. i need to figure out how much is the pay form the staff over there.

I actually rejected the offer from silkair. last thursday is the final interview and on friday i received the email saying i was selected, asked me to go medical check on sat, but i replied the email n rejected the offer. (still feeling sorry abt they time n everything). =(

I would have accepted if they allowed me to commence next year, but the email say they r staring on 28 oct.
=(
Are u the only one received call here? It seems that the hype for CX is over as it's not as active as before. haha I guess there are other airlines recruiting too like JAL, SQ, Jetstar Int and Scoot etcs.... probably some hopefuls went there instead

gladysl

Post by gladysl » Sat, 14 Sep 2013 9:37 pm

Hi there. i got an email from CX to go down for interview on 23 sept too. Care to go together if dont mind? JAL did email me too to send in resume. deadline would be 1 october.

tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 4:30 pm

CaseyHan, have i met you before? Did you take the train to tanah merah from changi airport with two koreans and a singaporean on the day of the final interview on 5 Sep?

I am sorry if it's really you. I forgotten to ask for your number so we can keep in touch!

Can you email me? [email protected]

thank you!

CaseyHan

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 2:02 pm

gladysl wrote:Hi there. i got an email from CX to go down for interview on 23 sept too. Care to go together if dont mind? JAL did email me too to send in resume. deadline would be 1 october.
Hey there, sure contact me at [email protected]

CaseyHan

Post by CaseyHan » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 2:03 pm

tresorinlove wrote:CaseyHan, have i met you before? Did you take the train to tanah merah from changi airport with two koreans and a singaporean on the day of the final interview on 5 Sep?

I am sorry if it's really you. I forgotten to ask for your number so we can keep in touch!

Can you email me? [email protected]

thank you!
Hey yes thats me!! haha already send u email. see ya gal