Singapore Expats

Trying to locate a Canadian businessman name of Michael

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Asjely Green

Trying to locate a Canadian businessman name of Michael

Post by Asjely Green » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:02 am

I am sorry I don't have more details. maybe this is an impossible task but I am thinking how many people would fit this description? I am trying to locate a Canadian businessman who has been working in Singapore 5-8 years? I only have his first name, which is Michael. He is very tall and heavyset. and maybe middle to early forty's. He sometimes does business in the Philippine's and is currently doing business in Shenzhen China. He was dating a Chinese girl named Jane Wang a few years ago. and I believe he is engaged to her now. She is currently going to school in USA.
I lost all my contact information on a corrupted hard drive. If you can forward my email [email protected] to him it would be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Ashely Green

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:07 am

Interesting. Not long ago, a Sally Kemp was looking a British by the name of John here.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic91036.html

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:05 pm

Your IP address says you're in Shandong. Something ain't right.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Asjely Green

Your IP address says you're in Shandong Something ain't righ

Post by Asjely Green » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:53 pm

I am from the US, I am teaching in Qingdao Shandong.

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 8:44 am

Michael is one of the most popular male names in a North America. Right up there with John.

Asjely Green

Michael is one of the most popular male names in a North Ame

Post by Asjely Green » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:41 am

BedokAmerican wrote:Michael is one of the most popular male names in a North America. Right up there with John.
Yes that is true, but I thought since this Michael is a businessman who has worked in SP more than five years, that he's very tall, heavyset and from Canada, aged 35-45 that would narrow things down?
There are lots of Westerners in Qingdao, and I know a few Michaels, Ukrainian, a two Canadians, but there teachers and in their 60's.
I guess Singapore has many more Westerners than Qingdao even though its size it relatively small? Here in QD, there a couple places the expats regularly hang out, over the course of few months you might meet 80-90% everyone, new or old.
Someone at the British Council might know him, which I am going to try to contact too.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:19 am

Singapore is a little bit bigger as far as western expats are concerned. 3.3% of the population are classed as 'Other' and I would guess a large percentage of those would be classed as Western so you are probably looking at 100k+.

Pretty hard to find someone in that population given the info you have.

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:55 pm

Oh, i think i know him! What do you want him for?

Asjely Green

Pretty hard to find someone in that population given the inf

Post by Asjely Green » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 1:13 pm

bgd wrote:Singapore is a little bit bigger as far as western expats are concerned. 3.3% of the population are classed as 'Other' and I would guess a large percentage of those would be classed as Western so you are probably looking at 100k+.

Pretty hard to find someone in that population given the info you have.
I realize now this seems unrealistic, I was thinking Singapore was like Qingdao but I should be thinking it’s more like Hong Kong? I lived in Los Angeles a few years and if someone came to me and asked me if I knew a Canadian guy with that description, I would think that was hilarious, being L.A. is huge, spread out, with so many different sub cities…but on the other hand if someone said the same about Hollywood, it would not be that unreasonable?
It is just a try a long shot, I know some westerners who consciously avoid other westerners, some are married and home bodies, but there is a certain percentage that go out on the weekends and they can be in a close group, everyone knows everyone.

Asjely Green

i think i know him

Post by Asjely Green » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 1:19 pm

Chantikki wrote:Oh, i think i know him! What do you want him for?
Great, it has to do with a SERVIS 1-901. If you can forward my email [email protected] to him it would be highly appreciated.

chaaraard

Post by chaaraard » Sat, 14 Sep 2013 4:09 pm

nakatago wrote:Your IP address says you're in Shandong. Something ain't right.

Cool how do you even do THAT?