Singapore Expats

Pre-natal packages

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Pre-natal packages

Post by Fortan » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 3:44 pm

I posted a subject some days ago about my wife being pregnant - unexpected pregnancy. We are not covered by our medical insurance as it does not cover before after 10 months. It is not about the financial side of it for us because we are so happy that we are now having another baby, however we need to look at the costs and try to keep it reasonable. We are most likely not going to choose the cheapest option and most likely not the most expensive one. We want something that we feel good about but we don't know where to start.

To begin with we need to find a good solid pre-natal package. Can anyone point us in the right direction? Any good advice will be highly appreciated.

Link to the first thread I posted with a bit more background:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic97306.html

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 3:48 pm

I think all hospitals have some sort of pre natal package. You need to first choose the doctor/hospital and then you have the choice of taking the pre-natal package with them or not take it.

Typically, if you have decided to have the delivery done in Singapore, then it makes sense to take the package. But many of them, go to their home country for delivery after like 6-7 months into the pregnancy, in which case its a waste.

There is forum called mummysg.com, in which you have lots of information about which doctor/hospital are good.

Its best to stick with one doctor who will handle the whole thing from the initial checkups from week 1 to until the delivery.

For the birth of our little one, for the pre natal phase, we went with Dr Mariama George at KK and she is good(she was referred to us by many of my office colleagues), shes got huge amount of experience and even SMS mentioned that his baby was delivered by her many years ago. For the delivery of our baby though, we had it in India.

Here's the thread in which I have posted earlier:
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic76890.html