Singapore Expats

Wireless IP Surveillance Camera

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluenose » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 8:09 am

We have the same camera SMS.....used it to watch our dodgy maid while were travelling last year! Camera worked ok...shame about the maid...she got fired :wink:

We use it still when we travel....can check the house is ok from IPAD or laptop...very cool!

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 7:19 pm

make sure your IP camera is secure!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23971118

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 8:31 pm

Bluenose,

Yep, it works a charm and as noted, the ability to view live via phone (in my case Samsung SII) is a winner.

The only thing I've not been able to get sorted on my home PC is the D-Cam software. But normally I just use the browser with one tab direct to the D-link log-in page. Wish there was an easy way to download direct from the browser when viewing recordings, as the only way I've seen is to remove the MiniSD card and download via the PC direct with a card reader. It is probably possible with the D-Cam software, but I've yet to figure out how to set it up and for that matter find out what the login password is. :-( For all I know, it might be something to do with running Windows 8.

Thanks to all for the recommendations. This one serves the purpose perfectly.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 07 Sep 2013 7:00 pm

So we're all out of town, but have house guests staying. I setup something free (if you have a spare computer), but very functional, in our bedroom.

I used an old Macbook Air 11", and downloaded software called "Security Spy". It's Mac software, but I'm sure the equivalent exists for Windows.

The Laptop is on my desk, aimed at my bedroom door. The software lets me set it to only record on motion (adjustable threshholds, etc). I set it so saves the recordings to a folder on my Dropbox account, and it will send an email when it detects motion. Works great. I get an email, and the video will sync to my laptop seconds later if it records anything.