Singapore Expats

day trading sole proprietorship

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
njr

Post by njr » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:39 pm

Not all loose money but the majority of them do

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:39 pm

Wd40 wrote:I thought day traders always lose money. I would be interested to know if anyone consistently makes money by trading gains alone.
I'd estimate that 95-97% do. The ones that make a living from it have plenty of capital to burn through, very good brokers / contacts in the industry, and are very selective about which technology and market data to use.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:46 pm

BillyB wrote:
Wd40 wrote:I thought day traders always lose money. I would be interested to know if anyone consistently makes money by trading gains alone.
I'd estimate that 95-97% do. The ones that make a living from it have plenty of capital to burn through, very good brokers / contacts in the industry, and are very selective about which technology and market data to use.
I would also imagine many among the remaining 3-5% are trading on some sort of insider information. :)

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:09 pm

Wd40 wrote:
BillyB wrote:
I would also imagine many among the remaining 3-5% are trading on some sort of insider information. :)
That's what I was alluding to!

njr

Post by njr » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 2:09 pm

This is a message for Zeke. Unfortunately the system won't let me send a PM to you...

Not yet, I am still looking into some other countries and what company models might be the most effective...