Singapore Expats

Anyone here work in the music industry in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
RedT

Anyone here work in the music industry in Singapore?

Post by RedT » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 8:54 am

Hi all,

First post here! I'm wondering if anyone works in music publishing/copyright/record industry in Singapore? I'm likely moving there in Jan 2014 and wondered about office life. Generally in Sydney and London (where I've worked previously) it's pretty casual, is it the same in Singapore? Also, does anyone know what kind of hours you'd need to put in day to day and what annual leave allowance you'd get?

many thanks in advance,

Therese
Off we go again!

thunderdoor

Re: Anyone here work in the music industry in Singapore?

Post by thunderdoor » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 6:25 pm

For music related studios the general environment is rather casual and most do not require you to wear formal or office attire. I am not anywhere near in tune with the music industry but as far as I know the hours are flexible but also unpredictable meaning it can eat your plans and the salaries drawn tend to be on a lower range. Annual leave typically are between 14-18, which as I understand not as generous as Australia and Europe.
RedT wrote:Hi all,

First post here! I'm wondering if anyone works in music publishing/copyright/record industry in Singapore? I'm likely moving there in Jan 2014 and wondered about office life. Generally in Sydney and London (where I've worked previously) it's pretty casual, is it the same in Singapore? Also, does anyone know what kind of hours you'd need to put in day to day and what annual leave allowance you'd get?

many thanks in advance,

Therese

RedT

Post by RedT » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:43 am

Thanks for the reply. I'd be office based so after-hours requirements are likely to be minimal I would think. but good to know that it might be on a par with what I'm used to.

Anyone else got any experience of publishers?
Off we go again!