Singapore Expats

Condo Suggestions around South West of Singapore

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Condo Suggestions around South West of Singapore

Post by blue_thunder » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:40 pm

My work place will be relocating to South west of Singapore in Oct, around Alexandra road to be exact.
I am at a loss to look for apartments around Alexandra after having lived around ECP for the last 5 years. I was hoping to stay put around ECP and travel to work by bus but it will be at least an hour one way.
Managed to get only few condo's after researching on few property sites.

Would be glad to get few recommendations from the regulars who are either aware of /living around Alexandra area. Prefer condos with TOP after 2000.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

Search By

caonamhai

Post by caonamhai » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:18 am

i suggest The anchorage, quite nice and spacious apartment

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 8:38 pm

Along Telok Blangah Road, The Carribean, Refections at Keppel Bay, Harbourlights and (although a bit older, circa 1996) Harbourview Towers should meet your criteria. And they have a number of bus routes that go to Alexandra Road in less than 5 minutes. Alternatively you can look a bit further west around Pasir Panjang or even any condos that are near the Circle Line which opens up Holland V as a viable address.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Sun, 01 Sep 2013 10:05 pm

Will checkout the Harbour Lights/View but a no go for Carribean/Reflections.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 02 Sep 2013 9:01 am

To add to Addadude's, you can look into One Rochester near Buona Vista MRT station.

Ascentia Sky near Redhill MRT station, only a stone throw's away from Alexandra road, is expected with TOP at early 2014. The Metropolitan and Alessandrea (same area) too (TOP in 2000s IIRC). Someone told me about The Alexis too (also TOP in early 2014 or late 2013).

I've personally seen The Anchorage and Tanglin View (around where Tanglin Road and Alexandra Road meets) and although I like the looks of the places, I personally don't like the idea of The Anchorage being part of Anchor Point mall (just as how I dislike other condo malls like Jurong Point, Ion Orchard etc). Sure, convenient but if the mall has pest problems, you can be damn sure that the condo will be affected too. That's my personal opinion from my experiences though.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 02 Sep 2013 9:54 am

You should first mention your budget and what you are looking for (room or the whole apartment). This is not a cheap area especially comparing to East Coast.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 02 Sep 2013 8:02 pm

the lynx wrote:(just as how I dislike other condo malls like Jurong Point, Ion Orchard etc).
If my budget could actually cover a condo in condo in Orchard iON I could overlook most negatives :p

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 02 Sep 2013 10:28 pm

x9200 wrote:You should first mention your budget and what you are looking for (room or the whole apartment). This is not a cheap area especially comparing to East Coast.
I thought East coast was expensive when compared to South West but my search in internet proved me wrong.
I am looking for whole apartment probably a 2 bedder under 4K.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 6:38 pm

blue_thunder wrote:
x9200 wrote:You should first mention your budget and what you are looking for (room or the whole apartment). This is not a cheap area especially comparing to East Coast.
I thought East coast was expensive when compared to South West but my search in internet proved me wrong.
I am looking for whole apartment probably a 2 bedder under 4K.
You have very few options in the south west, and most are very new, which is the problem for you.