Singapore Expats

SC mother / Aussie 1 yo son - separated - no consent order

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

SC mother / Aussie 1 yo son - separated - no consent order

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 2:07 pm

A friend has asked me to post this. She is separated from her Australian husband. She has a 1 year old son. There are no court orders or consent orders in place. She is in China and has the childs passport and birth cert.

She wants to return to Singapore and work. She wants to apply for PR/SC or LTVP for the child but the father is not willing to provide consent.

Can she apply for the son to be a SC/PR or LTVP without the fathers signed consent?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 2:34 pm

Yes , she can under Parent of SG Descent. As long as she can proof to be child biological mother
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 3:19 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Yes , she can under Parent of SG Descent. As long as she can proof to be child biological mother
I assume she just shows up and ICA to register the son as a Singapore Citizen by descent? She has his Aussie Birth Cert, his passport and her own papers (NRIC) - I suppose that's all she needs?

I might add that the next to useless father (ex husband) will vehemently oppose this.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 7:10 pm

I do not think this is an issue as custodial sentence or legal guardian is herself

This is MFA for guideline which is almost similar to the one in ICA

http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overs ... apply.html
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!