Singapore Expats

3 Year waiting period for new Sg PR's to buy Resale HDB

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:16 am

IndianPR wrote:Hello folks,

My atmost's desire is to settle in singapore, that's the reason i have been here for 8+ years and persistantly appy for my wife's PR. I am paying rent for 8+ years and must continue paying for next 4-5 years (even my wife's PR gets approved now), so should not think about other options to settle happily? Pl, think from my shoes & answer,
You are probably a genuine PR but unfortunately your fellow compatriots and other PR abusers ruined the reputation of PRs and which has resulted in these new conditions. Singaporeans are totally justified in being concerned about PR abusers. The many genuine PRs like SMS and myself have always been against PR abusers as we tarred by the same brush and we've got to live with that.

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:08 pm

I am quite sad since the announcement of the news. Initially planning to buy flat early next yr. Just sold my house in KL.

Guess I have to share the room with stranger for another three yrs and missing the great part of my kids childhood.
Last edited by tidus12000 on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:10 pm

tidus12000 wrote:I am quite sad since the announcement of the news. Initially planning to buy flat early next yr. Just sold my house in KL.

Guess I have to share the room with stranger for another three yrs and missing the great part of my kids childhood (two and one yrs old now).
Consider Iskandar?

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:33 pm

Just like what LKY mentions in his book, I have no confidence in Iskandar.

athletic

Post by athletic » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 2:01 pm

Last edited by athletic on Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 2:08 pm

Athletic,

You are only one day and 27 posts late. More PT maybe?
sundaymorningstaple wrote:And to clarify, PR Household means latest PR who's name is on the HDB Flat (the PR with the least time as a PR must have 3 years to satisfy the requirements).
:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 4:39 pm

You got it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

IndianPR

Post by IndianPR » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:43 pm

[quote]
You are probably a genuine PR but unfortunately your fellow compatriots and other PR abusers ruined the reputation of PRs and which has resulted in these new conditions. Singaporeans are totally justified in being concerned about PR abusers. The many genuine PRs like SMS and myself have always been against PR abusers as we tarred by the same brush and we've got to live with that. [/quote]

Thanks Saint,
1. What's the use of CPF Ordinary account (contributing monthly $1150 for years and struggling to pay house rent) ? Wudn't invest in other, yields more return ?
2. Ofcourse other benefits are with PR.. but that's a blind feeling!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:57 pm

Well, for one, I can guarantee you that you cannot find, risk on risk, a better or safer investment that will return you a MINIMUM of 4% on your dollar.