Singapore Expats

Affordable playpen

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Affordable playpen

Post by Fortan » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 9:55 am

I have been looking for a playpen for my 7 month old daughter. She is just learning to stand up and crawls all over the place. Not having one is driving me crazy as I have to keep an eye on her every single second.

I had a look at Mother's Care and they only have 1 model and it is more than 250$ and that is even without any kind of soft floor mat. I should mention that I am looking for one that can stand on the floor, not the fold able kind.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something useful and less expensive?

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Try Craigslist

Post by BedokAmerican » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 1:34 pm

Click on this link and type in "playpen"

http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/baa/

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Try Craigslist

Post by Fortan » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 3:05 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:Click on this link and type in "playpen"

http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/baa/
Thanks.... however I prefer to buy new stuff for my kid.... not very good with used things for her... Not sure why really?!

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:11 pm

An option could be amazon.com because Amazon will now ship certain items to Singapore. It's free shipping if you spend at least $125. But check to see if item is eligible for int'l shipping.

I personally would recommend a "playpen" over a "play yard." We've used both. We initially used a playpen (for the same reasons you mentioned in your first post) but got a play yard when our son was 10 months old because we thought it would give him more room and was less restrictive than a playpen. The play yard was very nice at first but he soon learned how to rip off the base and then began pushing the structure across the room to where he wanted to go. We then put the play yard away and pulled the playpen back out.

With that being said, every kid is different.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 8:04 am

BedokAmerican wrote:An option could be amazon.com because Amazon will now ship certain items to Singapore. It's free shipping if you spend at least $125. But check to see if item is eligible for int'l shipping.

I personally would recommend a "playpen" over a "play yard." We've used both. We initially used a playpen (for the same reasons you mentioned in your first post) but got a play yard when our son was 10 months old because we thought it would give him more room and was less restrictive than a playpen. The play yard was very nice at first but he soon learned how to rip off the base and then began pushing the structure across the room to where he wanted to go. We then put the play yard away and pulled the playpen back out.

With that being said, every kid is different.
A play yard is what I was looking for. To be honest, I didn't know it was called that. Thanks for sharing your experiences :)