Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Fri, 27 May 2005 2:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:anyone got reply frm silkair?

nO:(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 27 May 2005 2:12 pm

Might sound too good to be true but in all probability it is, but remember where it is; an Arab country where things are much different to what Singaporeans and other asians are used to. In addition Shariah law applies so I humbly suggest if you intend to live there make a point of studying the country and its culture first.

Best wishes to all those intending.

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 2:47 pm

We are looking for girls with a combination of grace, and a warm smile to continue providing excellent and attentive service to our customers.

We offer a host of generous service benefits including:
- Free and discounted travel
- Annual wage supplement of one month's salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Attractive medical and dental benefits
- Meal, productivity and transport allowance where applicable

Requirements:
- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Minimum 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or 4 'N' Level credits including English
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please email your resume, detailing your personal particulars including weight, height, educational qualifications and a recent photograph of yourself to:

[email protected]

Alternatively, come and see us at Meritus Mandarin Singapore, Mandarin Court B & C (Level 4) between 9am and 4.30pm on 31 May 2005 or 1 June 2005. Please bring along your NRIC, educational certificates and 2 recent passport-sized photographs. Singapore citizens and permanent residents preferred.

chey.still ask people to send resume -_-

Adel

Post by Adel » Fri, 27 May 2005 2:49 pm

Hi Rachel,

I'm a Ex-girl & now a mother of 2. I am not paid for my maternity & no ground job is avaliable for "O", "A" level & even diploma holder when you are pregnant. They actually prefer someone with a degree to be part of the ground staff during your pregnancy.

Even you're able to get back your shape after you give birth, it will still depends on SIA as they will normally trace back on your past record & then decide on your re-application again. I have a few friends whose still flying with SIA tell me that they will choose to fly as long as possible B4 they can afford to settle down to have a baby & then totally out of SIA...

Base on my experience, SIA will not employ a married woman (ROM) also consider married. Pls do not try your luck on this as you will not stand any of the chance...

JustMe wrote:
Rach wrote:
Andrew Low wrote: Hi,

So long your doctor certified that you're pregnant you are not allow to fly.

Not sure what the exact agreement for the girl, perhap Rach might be able to help you on that

Cheers
Andrew Low
Hi!

I'm sorry but have to say that during your bond of 22 months, you are NOT allow to get pregnant. It is stated in the bond when u signed it before you started your training.

However, after your 22 months bond, and you are still flying with SIA, you can get pregnant. SIA will eith put you to a ground job or you stop working for that period. You will be paid for your maternity leave, but very little, only your basic salary. After giving birth, if you can go back in shape, yes, you can continue your flying duties.

If you mare married, SIA will still empoy you, as long as you are not pregnant during your 22 months of bond, you will be fince. But nevertheless, SIA do prefer single girls to married ones.

:)
Hi Rach,

I dun think SIA will give u a ground job when u're pregnant. My sis has to resign due to her pregnancy; SIA told her theres no ground job available. Moreover she was not entitled to any paid maternity leave at all. She has to stop working for abt 1 year (including confinement) before she applied to SIA as a flying mother...

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 3:50 pm

Adel,are u a singaporean?

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Fri, 27 May 2005 4:48 pm

Adel wrote:Hi Rachel,

I'm a Ex-girl & now a mother of 2. I am not paid for my maternity & no ground job is avaliable for "O", "A" level & even diploma holder when you are pregnant. They actually prefer someone with a degree to be part of the ground staff during your pregnancy.

Even you're able to get back your shape after you give birth, it will still depends on SIA as they will normally trace back on your past record & then decide on your re-application again. I have a few friends whose still flying with SIA tell me that they will choose to fly as long as possible B4 they can afford to settle down to have a baby & then totally out of SIA...

Base on my experience, SIA will not employ a married woman (ROM) also consider married. Pls do not try your luck on this as you will not stand any of the chance...

JustMe wrote:
Rach wrote: Hi!

I'm sorry but have to say that during your bond of 22 months, you are NOT allow to get pregnant. It is stated in the bond when u signed it before you started your training.

However, after your 22 months bond, and you are still flying with SIA, you can get pregnant. SIA will eith put you to a ground job or you stop working for that period. You will be paid for your maternity leave, but very little, only your basic salary. After giving birth, if you can go back in shape, yes, you can continue your flying duties.

If you mare married, SIA will still empoy you, as long as you are not pregnant during your 22 months of bond, you will be fince. But nevertheless, SIA do prefer single girls to married ones.

:)
Hi Rach,

I dun think SIA will give u a ground job when u're pregnant. My sis has to resign due to her pregnancy; SIA told her theres no ground job available. Moreover she was not entitled to any paid maternity leave at all. She has to stop working for abt 1 year (including confinement) before she applied to SIA as a flying mother...
Hi Adel,
have u been flying very long before u resign? So u left when u were pregnant with ur 1st kid? No thots abt returning?

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 4:56 pm

is there any luck for sex on the aeroplanes with the air stewardresses? be it in the cramp toilet or in some restricted areas such as cabin crew rooms or baggage storage room?

lili

Post by lili » Fri, 27 May 2005 5:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:Anyone knows about the take home salary of SILKAIR cabin crew?
Basic is $1K.

Allowances is from $250.00 to $1,000.00. Depending where you fly and how long you go. Silkair fly only Asia countries, so the allowances not as attractive as SIA where one flight to New York can fetch you almost $1800.00 allowances, just allowances!!

jillian

Post by jillian » Fri, 27 May 2005 6:07 pm

dear all,
got a question for all of u.. well, i wan2 look best on interview nex sunday. but i just can't decide whether i shud wear high heel sandals or high heel shoes that cover my toes.. evry1 wat do u think? :D

flightattendantwannabe

the process of EK interview

Post by flightattendantwannabe » Fri, 27 May 2005 8:09 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone who know the process of EK's interview?
How many rounds are there? Any water confidence tests?

Was happy to know that the possibility of flying back to SIN is rather frequent. thks to all who posted the answers to EK queries! :lol:

For those who know more abt EK, pls share... Many thks :P

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 9:06 pm

jillian wrote:dear all,
got a question for all of u.. well, i wan2 look best on interview nex sunday. but i just can't decide whether i shud wear high heel sandals or high heel shoes that cover my toes.. evry1 wat do u think? :D
heels and cover the toes just like a professional office lady.

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 9:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:is there any luck for sex on the aeroplanes with the air stewardresses? be it in the cramp toilet or in some restricted areas such as cabin crew rooms or baggage storage room?
naughty naughty :oops:

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Fri, 27 May 2005 10:27 pm

the emirates interview is pretty much like the SIA one but no water confidence test...

1) in groups of ten, discuss on the topic raised by interviewer. examples of questions " if u were rich and powerful, what are the 5 things that u would do?" or "if there is one law in Singapore u could change, wat would it be and why?"

2) in groups of twenty, discuss on another topic also raised by interviewer. In this round, u are judge more for your looks and body language

3) there will be a hypothetical situation raised by the interwiever and u have to discuss in a group what la the plan for action. this round is mainly to test your logical thinking

4) english test

5) psychometric test to test your readiness to leave singapore and live in dubai

6) interview with 2 or 3 executives from emirates

hope this helps anyone interested to go tomorrow :D good luck!

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Fri, 27 May 2005 10:41 pm

jaymee wrote:the emirates interview is pretty much like the SIA one but no water confidence test...

1) in groups of ten, discuss on the topic raised by interviewer. examples of questions " if u were rich and powerful, what are the 5 things that u would do?" or "if there is one law in Singapore u could change, wat would it be and why?"

2) in groups of twenty, discuss on another topic also raised by interviewer. In this round, u are judge more for your looks and body language

3) there will be a hypothetical situation raised by the interwiever and u have to discuss in a group what la the plan for action. this round is mainly to test your logical thinking

4) english test

5) psychometric test to test your readiness to leave singapore and live in dubai

6) interview with 2 or 3 executives from emirates

hope this helps anyone interested to go tomorrow :D good luck!
jaymee!
tmr im going for the open public interview
how would it be?

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Sat, 28 May 2005 12:42 am

Catmeat wrote:
Anonymous wrote:anyone got reply frm silkair?

nO:(
i only got a erply email stating the info ont he walk in this coming tuesday and wednesday...