Singapore Expats Forum

From Great White North to Lion City - Hello All

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
User avatar
mre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 18 Jul 2013

From Great White North to Lion City - Hello All

Postby mre » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:06 pm

Hi everyone - Just relocated from Canada and I thought it would be great to meet fellow expats from all around world. I am male / married / 30s.

As a way to start, any recommendations of places to check out for a newcomer?

Cheers!

MrE

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5245
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: From Great White North to Lion City - Hello All

Postby the lynx » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 1:14 pm

mre wrote:Hi everyone - Just relocated from Canada and I thought it would be great to meet fellow expats from all around world. I am male / married / 30s.

As a way to start, any recommendations of places to check out for a newcomer?

Cheers!

MrE


Hello and welcome! :D

Recommendations of places to meet people or for tourists? :P

Anyway we have Friday Night Drinking Club and Wednesday Night Drinking Club for starters. Great way to meet people.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum53.html
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum52.html

And Brunch club.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic84035-240.html

And Weekenders club.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic88796-120.html

Have fun. And do holler here if you need anything.

User avatar
mre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 18 Jul 2013

Re: From Great White North to Lion City - Hello All

Postby mre » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 3:57 pm

the lynx wrote:
mre wrote:Hi everyone - Just relocated from Canada and I thought it would be great to meet fellow expats from all around world. I am male / married / 30s.

As a way to start, any recommendations of places to check out for a newcomer?

Cheers!

MrE


Hello and welcome! :D

Recommendations of places to meet people or for tourists? :P

Anyway we have Friday Night Drinking Club and Wednesday Night Drinking Club for starters. Great way to meet people.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum53.html
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum52.html

And Brunch club.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic84035-240.html

And Weekenders club.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic88796-120.html

Have fun. And do holler here if you need anything.


Thanks the lynx for the info! I roamed the streets along China Town and let's say that it was much cleaner than ones back in Toronto. Thanks again!

User avatar
AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue, 25 Mar 2008

Postby AngelJoy » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 5:23 pm

Great white north,my first impression is WINTERFELL,hahaha.
Welcome to Singapore anyways :D

User avatar
mre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 18 Jul 2013

Postby mre » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 5:18 am

AngelJoy wrote:Great white north,my first impression is WINTERFELL,hahaha.
Welcome to Singapore anyways :D


Thanks AngelJoy!

LOL - Game of Thrones - I have yet to see this season.

Melissabuilt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
Location: Canada soon to be SG.

Question...

Postby Melissabuilt » Sun, 25 Aug 2013 9:31 pm

Hey mre! I'm wondering if you can tell me what Moving Company you used? I'm planning a move from Fredericton in the next couple of months but I'm not sure where to start in regards to shipping our personal stuff.
Thanks in advance!

User avatar
mre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 18 Jul 2013

Re: Question...

Postby mre » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 9:51 pm

Melissabuilt wrote:Hey mre! I'm wondering if you can tell me what Moving Company you used? I'm planning a move from Fredericton in the next couple of months but I'm not sure where to start in regards to shipping our personal stuff.
Thanks in advance!


@Melissabuilt

The company(ies) providing the relocation are as follows:
Crown is the controlling/destination office in Singapore, Paramount Transportation handles U.S. moves, but since I am in Canada, AMJ International handled on Paramounts behalf. I hope that helps and makes sense.

Although I didn't have any say with the selection of the Movers, these guys were professional.

All the best to you and see you in SG! Safe travels.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Newcomer's Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest