Singapore Expats

Volunteering opportunities for families (with kids)

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
simpleliving

Volunteering opportunities for families (with kids)

Post by simpleliving » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 9:01 pm

I have children (aged 2 ~ 8) and would like to know about any volunteering possibilities in Singapore.
Ideally, we'd like to volunteer as a family (with children) once a week, as a great way to give back to society.

We are new to Singapore and would like to know if/what kinds of opportunities are out there.

thank you!
Nan

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Volunteering opportunities for families (with kids)

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 1:48 pm

simpleliving wrote:I have children (aged 2 ~ 8) and would like to know about any volunteering possibilities in Singapore.
Ideally, we'd like to volunteer as a family (with children) once a week, as a great way to give back to society.

We are new to Singapore and would like to know if/what kinds of opportunities are out there.

thank you!
Nan
you can start at www.sgcares.org

And look up your nearby CC, they do have volunteering opportunities ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 2:24 pm

You are new to Singapore? How new and in what capacity? Dependent Pass, EP holder, PR? Children schooling/how old.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

simpleliving

Post by simpleliving » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks very much - hubby happened to hear about a volunteer opportunity through his office, so will try that first. The SGcares.org looks good, thank you for suggesting.