Singapore Expats

Need your advise: Dependent Pass or LTVP+

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
liz6443

Need your advise: Dependent Pass or LTVP+

Post by liz6443 » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:59 am

Hi, I am a Filipina married to a Singaporean (Chinese). I am currently in Singapore right now but only for a social visit pass. I was working here before for 2 years (2010-2012) but returned to Philippines last year Oct. 2012 to work again in the Philippines for the time being. My husband is not currently working here in Singapore as he decided to go with me in Philippines since last year.

Due to financial crisis, I wanted to come back here in Singapore to work. My husband also will find another work here upon his return. I would like to seek your advise the things I can do or prepare for my come back next year. I am planning to come back here next year after Chinese New Year.

I have known that there's so-called now LTVP+ wherein a spouse of a Singaporean citizen can work and would be easier but there are also conditions attached to it like preferably having a child or expecting. Since we just got married last Oct. 2012, we do not have any child yet and we're not married for at least 3 years.

Can my husband apply for me a Dependent Pass instead for that time being then if we qualify for LTVP+ then apply? What's the duration of a Dependent Pass Holder?

Is it easier to work if you're a Dependent pass holder? I heard that employers only give low salary.

Could you help to suggest possible jobs for me? I worked here in Singapore for 2 years and have worked in the office - mostly admin works, cum secretary. I'm all around and can work with minimum supervision and very hardworking.

Given a chance that a Dependent pass has been granted, can I apply for another pass like S Pass, E Pass, etc? If yes then would be nice. If just for an instance, the employer will cancel the pass applied for whatever reasons, will my Dependent Pass reinstate?

Sorry for asking too many questions. I am really confused right now. Hope a little advise from you will help me clear my thoughts.

Thank you very much.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 12:34 pm

The best you can hope for is a standard 1 year LTVP. However, you will be hard pressed to even get that because your husband will not be able to show he is able to support you. He will need tax assessments showing an annual income of at least 2.8~3K in order to show he can provide sponsorship. Without his sponsorship, I'm afraid you may well have to stay in the 'peens for a while until he, at least, gets a job and can provide the last 6 months of pay vouchers to show he can provide said sponsorship.

Dependent passes are only for the spouses & children of EP holders.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

IronMac
Regular
Regular

Post by IronMac » Sun, 25 Aug 2013 6:51 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:However, you will be hard pressed to even get that because your husband will not be able to show he is able to support you. He will need tax assessments showing a monthly income of at least 2.8~3K
Hope I am not too forward in fixing that for you. :D

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Need your advise: Dependent Pass or LTVP+

Post by the lynx » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:32 am

liz6443 wrote:Hi, I am a Filipina married to a Singaporean (Chinese). I am currently in Singapore right now but only for a social visit pass. I was working here before for 2 years (2010-2012) but returned to Philippines last year Oct. 2012 to work again in the Philippines for the time being. My husband is not currently working here in Singapore as he decided to go with me in Philippines since last year.

Due to financial crisis, I wanted to come back here in Singapore to work. My husband also will find another work here upon his return. I would like to seek your advise the things I can do or prepare for my come back next year. I am planning to come back here next year after Chinese New Year.

I have known that there's so-called now LTVP+ wherein a spouse of a Singaporean citizen can work and would be easier but there are also conditions attached to it like preferably having a child or expecting. Since we just got married last Oct. 2012, we do not have any child yet and we're not married for at least 3 years.

Can my husband apply for me a Dependent Pass instead for that time being then if we qualify for LTVP+ then apply? What's the duration of a Dependent Pass Holder?

Is it easier to work if you're a Dependent pass holder? I heard that employers only give low salary.

Could you help to suggest possible jobs for me? I worked here in Singapore for 2 years and have worked in the office - mostly admin works, cum secretary. I'm all around and can work with minimum supervision and very hardworking.

Given a chance that a Dependent pass has been granted, can I apply for another pass like S Pass, E Pass, etc? If yes then would be nice. If just for an instance, the employer will cancel the pass applied for whatever reasons, will my Dependent Pass reinstate?

Sorry for asking too many questions. I am really confused right now. Hope a little advise from you will help me clear my thoughts.
Thank you very much.
Hold on, which pass were you under when you first worked in Singapore? WP/S Pass/EP?

angeltan321

Post by angeltan321 » Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:11 pm

Hello, dependent pass is only for spouse n child of ep. The only pass you can apply is long term visit pass. If you get a job in sg you can apply for work pass depend on your qualification.

lav^panda

Dependent pass or LTVP+ ?

Post by lav^panda » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 1:48 am

Hi, my husband is a PR currently, and i'm holding a WP. Can i apply for dependent pass? or need to apply LTVP+? many thanks!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Dependent pass or LTVP+ ?

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 7:14 am

lav^panda wrote:Hi, my husband is a PR currently, and i'm holding a WP. Can i apply for dependent pass? or need to apply LTVP+? many thanks!
LTVP only.... which sucks because it doesn't allow you to work.

I've complained many times about this aberration that wives of PR holders cannot get a DP/LOC but also can't get an LTVP+.

You'll have to find a job that is WP eligible on your own merits (this is what my wife did). Of course that means a basic salary of $4,000 approx.

lav^panda

Post by lav^panda » Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:49 pm

PNGMK wrote:
lav^panda wrote:Hi, my husband is a PR currently, and i'm holding a WP. Can i apply for dependent pass? or need to apply LTVP+? many thanks!
LTVP only.... which sucks because it doesn't allow you to work.

I've complained many times about this aberration that wives of PR holders cannot get a DP/LOC but also can't get an LTVP+.

You'll have to find a job that is WP eligible on your own merits (this is what my wife did). Of course that means a basic salary of $4,000 approx.

thanks for the info! ;) But I'm currently holding a WP and have a stable job, can't get a LOC and apply for LTVP+ ? if i apply for LTVP means i have to quit from current job?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 6:55 am

Why in the heck would you want to? you would have to quit your job, apply for the LTPV but then you could not get the LoC. That doesn't make any sense if you want to continue to work. Unless your spouse is a Singapore citizen you cannot apply for or get an LTVP+. You cannot work with an LTVP. Should you get offered at job you would have to apply for the requisite Employment Pass or Work Permit. If issued, your LTVP would be cancelled until such time as you reapply for it upon quitting your job.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 8:57 am

Why would you want dependent pass? You already have WP that allows you to work...

And like what SMS said, LTVP+ is only for citizen's foreign spouse. You are not qualified because your husband is a PR, not a citizen.

For your case, you will only get LTVP, but still, why? LTVP doesn't allow you to work, you know?

So for your case, you're better off remaining in your WP or get a PR under your husband's sponsorship.

Extra: And did you marry after or before you got your WP? If after, did you have MOM's permission to be married to a PR?

SMS: Sorry if I seem to be parroting your words, but I think lav^panda needs simpler sentences in answers to her questions.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 9:44 am

:lol: