Singapore Expats

Part Time Maid Needed- East Coast. Please Recommend

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
Katd9152

Part Time Maid Needed- East Coast. Please Recommend

Post by Katd9152 » Fri, 23 Aug 2013 6:55 pm

We are living on East Coast and looking for a good, road tested maid who can come in for a few hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Recommendations from anyone here who currently employs a good maid would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kat

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Aug 2013 8:09 pm

Unless you are looking at a much more expensive local/PR maid on an hourly rate, any other foreign maid is illegal and you could all three be in deep brown gooey stuff unless you hire direct from some of the Cleaning Companies here. Just trying to help you avoid some of the pitfalls here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Katd9152

Post by Katd9152 » Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah, a PR or local cleaner would be great. We don't mind paying a fair hourly wage for a good job to someone reliable and able to just get on with the job without supervisor or too much explanation given. Don't want agencies with many different people coming and going or changing every two weeks.

But we would love to find someone highly recommended, so if anyone here has a great cleaner/maid they can recommend that would be wonderful

skimegheath

Cleaning company

Post by skimegheath » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 3:47 pm

Hi - I am about to use a cleaning company recommended by one of colleagues at work. It is more expensive but he said they do a fantastic job and also speak English!! It is called Ministry of Clean. I can let you know in 2 weeks how it worked out!!