Singapore Expats

please advise- business partner don't return back money

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
ccoccomi

please advise- business partner don't return back money

Post by ccoccomi » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:33 pm

:???:
Hi,

Please advise..

Partner X proposed me that, if i invest to his company Y, he will give me 20% profit. Thus I opened partnership company Z with him. (I'm foreigner thus needed citizen's sponsorship and I got EP) However, he cheated profit when he gave me profit, just pass me one paper (income xxx, outcome yyy, 20% of profit is zzz) never show me ledger thus I asked him that I want to dissolve partnership and please return invest money ..
but..
X keep delay to return and say "once close partnership company Z, then I'll give it back to you"

but.. X never did any action to close the Z company and say " i'm too busy" so .. I said, " if you don't return my money i'll report police and sue". X said "I don't care, if you want to sue, go for it".

I checked my partnership agreement doc. it only mentioned my name and myself invest 0.1 mil to X's company to get the profit, don't have any comment about partnership company Z. and if any partener want to terminate the partnership , it is possible and will return invest money.

I feel .. He just bully me and look me down coz i'm foreigner..and he knows my english is not so good..

I heard another company rent him some equipments but X never return and also say to that company owner "if you want, just sue! I dont care".

I'm really disappointed to singapore..coz of this trash..

I thought Sinagpore has no crime..

What I have to do?

Can you recommend any lawyer??

Can I sue him?? Can I get back money??

This case is not a big deal in singapore??

Why he thinks a suit is nothing?

0.1mil is super big money to me..

I cannot eat and sleep these days.

Please advise.....

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Aug 2013 8:56 am

It sounds as though you are too inexperienced for this sort of partnership.

If you think a crime has been committed seek legal assistance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Aug 2013 9:40 am

^^concur.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers