Singapore Expats

What is the difference between...

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
yup0001

What is the difference between...

Post by yup0001 » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 4:47 pm

Hi all,

What is the difference (if any) between a PA to the HR Manager and an Assistant HR Manager?

PA to HR Manager basically helps whatever the HR Manager needs.. scope is basically quite broad.

How about Assistant HR Manager?

Is it basically the same?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 4:58 pm

You are a glorified Secretary (Executive Secretary but only to the manager) with a wider range of responsibilities thrust upon you. From being a dogsbody to the Manager (personal slave) to being an HR executive or what ever the Manager deems necessary.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:00 pm

If you were in the right company and working for the right boss, a personal assistant position can be very powerful. Or it really could be like SMS says. It really depends upon what the expectations of your boss would be and I would want to know clearly what she expects.

yup0001

Post by yup0001 » Thu, 22 Aug 2013 1:27 am

Thanks for your replies.

How about an Assistant HR Manager?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Aug 2013 6:52 am

In Singapore? Could be an HR Executive or HR Clerk. Singapore like to give honorary titles that don't really fit the bill. Kind of like the Banking industry, where an AVP is neither in charge of Vice nor and Vice President either.

Also, a lot will depend on the size of the organization and the size of the HR department. In Singapore, all HR depts will be understaffed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Aug 2013 8:55 am

PA = fluffer
HR = the John
CEO = the whore

All the rest are just onlookers.

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 6:18 pm

PA = more of a secretarial role to the Manager attending to administrative duties, such as booking appointments, scheduling, claims processing, attending to calls, etc.

HR AM = assuming its an HR executive role, as part of the HR team/dept, reporting to the HR Manager.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 7:18 pm

livingontheedge, I can tell you read the thread. Pete & Repeat. Trying to get your post count up so you can dun some regular via PM, are you? I've seen two of your 4 posts and so far you haven't contributed anything at all other than taking up bandwidth. :roll: