Singapore Expats

Pending inputs from vetting agencies

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:16 pm

Submitted your application for what? P1 renewal, PEP application? PR application? I'm assuming that it's your P1 renewal as your employer is doing it. But on the off chance it's not........

P1- couple of days to up to 8 weeks.

PEP - only if salary is over 12K/mo then also can take a couple of months.

PR - 3 ~15 months. You salary is not the only factor when applying for PR. The likelihood of you up and moving again as soon as your PR application to Aus, Canad, UK or the US is approved. Or if you look like you will return to your home country as soon as you make enough profit here. Many variables in that so it can take some time (and your application will be at the bottom of a huge stack before it's acted on as everybody and their brother are trying to get PR before the door is well and truly slammed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jackinthebox

Post by jackinthebox » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks. It's for P1 actually.

fruitarian

Re: Pending inputs from vetting agencies

Post by fruitarian » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 7:00 pm

Same issue guys. Just got a call from HR of my new company and they told me that they facing this "Pending inputs from vetting agencies... ".

I'm staying in Singapore more than 8 years already. First time experience such things. Let's see how it goes and how long it will take.