Singapore Expats

Trekking Bromo-Semeru-Yogyakarta, Indonesia Trip in Oct.

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Trekking Bromo-Semeru-Yogyakarta, Indonesia Trip in Oct.

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 20 Aug 2013 9:32 am

Hi all,

Long story short, I'm looking for travel mates to go for Semeru Trekking. My mates bailed except for one, so need more to go for the minimum.

Either 28Sep-6Oct or 12Oct-20Oct, depending on the cheaper pricing, and weather condition at the mountains.

Rough itinerary is (because the one I received from their e-mail response was slightly different):
http://www.surabayabromotour.com/2013/0 ... night.html

Price for the tour is Rp 2,750,000/S$343 per person (expensive actually, compared to backpacking) for a 5 people party. It can get cheaper if it's a larger group

I'm booking a tour, as it can get dangerous unless you already know where you're going. I'd prefer to do backpacking myself and find a guide there, but frankly I don't even have a tent or sleeping bag to sleep along the way to the top. If anyone has a tent to share at least, we'll go for the backpacking trip!

This includes a homestay at Tumpang (near Malang) and at a Bromo Hotel. Renting the tent, sleeping bag, jeep, guide, and a few other stuff.

I can send you the itinerary I got from them if you leave your e-mail address here, or PM me for it.

For Yogyakarta, will be a train trip that we'll look for along the way, and we'll find one of their hidden beaches, as well as Prambanan and Borobudur temples. Stay at a cheap hostel or something.

Plane tickets are not incl in the tour, but roughly S$150 inc taxes.

Cheers!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.