Singapore Expats

SingPost tops in the world?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 3:47 pm

BillyB wrote:Singpost is terrible and their service centre (outsourced for definite) is abysmal. I've sent 2 parcels to the UK both of which were lost. Amazingly, they both got signed for in the UK, but on speaking to customer service 19 and 25 business days later I was told it's not Singposts' responsibility to provide details of who signed or what happens to the parcel once it leaves Singapore.

Frustrating when it's stuff that has little monetary value, but is a pain to replace.

Typical Singapore service if you ask me - quick to take your money, non-existent ownership / redress when things go wrong.
1) their call center / support center
2) they delivery outside Singapore - routed via third parties

Comparing with a another country private postal service, the delivery in Singapore is by DHL so recipient gets by DHL accountable and trace whatever happens.

Singpost went the other way I guess - for outgoing, they ship through the cheapest courier / provider

AS said, locally, within Singapore, they are tops .. all else .. speechless ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 4:26 pm

It's just like tracking in the US. For international parcels, tracking only goes as far as the US border, and as soon as it passes there, no more tracking. Unless you also spend several bucks more for return receipt requested at an additional cost. No difference. Why should any postal carrier be obligated for areas outside their sphere of influence. Now, courier services are of a different nature than the regular postal service, of course, and you pay for it as well!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers