Singapore Expats

EP cancelled, 1month stay over, can apply stvp?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vinothkanna

EP cancelled, 1month stay over, can apply stvp?

Post by vinothkanna » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:33 am

My cousin resigned from her job. She was given 1 month stay in Singapore. She thinks it’s not enough o find a job within this period. Is it still possible to extend the stay, by applying STVP? Or any other passes? If not does she need to go back to her country and apply for entry visa again?

Saint
Director
Director

Re: EP cancelled, 1month stay over, can apply stvp?

Post by Saint » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:53 am

vinothkanna wrote:My cousin resigned from her job. She was given 1 month stay in Singapore. She thinks it’s not enough o find a job within this period. Is it still possible to extend the stay, by applying STVP? Or any other passes? If not does she need to go back to her country and apply for entry visa again?
I month is standard after cancelation of Employment Passes and no chance of extending unless leaves Singapore for at least 5 days and then it's not guaranteed an extension will be granted.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:58 am

vinothkanna wrote:My cousin resigned from her job. She was given 1 month stay in Singapore. She thinks it’s not enough o find a job within this period. Is it still possible to extend the stay, by applying STVP? Or any other passes?

No

If not does she need to go back to her country and apply for entry visa again?

Yes. Not sure if going to other country, which is not her origin country, counts.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:11 pm

vinothkanna wrote:My cousin resigned from her job. She was given 1 month stay in Singapore. She thinks it’s not enough o find a job within this period. Is it still possible to extend the stay, by applying STVP? Or any other passes? If not does she need to go back to her country and apply for entry visa again?
Which is true, but then she should have thought about it before resigning the job. She has to go back to her country if she doesnt get a job in the 1 month.