Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Reject-boi

Post by Reject-boi » Thu, 26 May 2005 6:32 pm

Quoting...
And for example, if anyone is with Silkair, would they be able to join SQ after their contract? Even if they dont have the qualifications SQ requires?

I have heard of SIA girls joining Silkair but not the other way about.

On EK - You are based in Dubai for 3 years contract - there is NO bond. You are free to leave - provided you give the appropriate notice.

On the question, how many SIN flights you will get - Depends on your roster!

Yes, they hire Malaysians. They hire ANY nationality.

Age wise - again - 21 to 30 (no below 21, you will be shown the door)

Each airline has their own recruitment criteria, if you were unsuccessful with SQ, try EK. You may be what they are looking for! :lol:

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Thu, 26 May 2005 7:22 pm

hmmm.. thank anyway, i shall see how it goes.. i havent even got a call yet, so i shall wait first then see how it goes.

Afterall, i just wanan fly, i dont really care which airline... but it wld be nice to get into SQ, can fly to a wider range of places..

lets hope it all works out!

Jaimee

Post by Jaimee » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:39 pm

according to my fren who is with emirates, they are able to go on the internet and "choose" the destinations they want to fly to... by bidding on it. u can choose to come back every week depending on whether they approve of your bid...

Reject-boi

Post by Reject-boi » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:58 pm

Yes, an in-house bidding system is in place. However, bidding is based on your team priority at EK. You'll do a mixture of short and long haul flights.

Worry about this once you get in. Right now concentrate on passing the interview!

Cheers! :)

Post by Guest » Thu, 26 May 2005 10:03 pm

silkair has replied.

CATMEATT

Post by CATMEATT » Thu, 26 May 2005 11:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:silkair has replied.
u mean u send ur application and they replied to u for interview?

so fast?

:)

wenqing

Post by wenqing » Fri, 27 May 2005 12:13 am

Anonymous wrote:silkair has replied.
wow...then when is their interview???

guests

Emirates

Post by guests » Fri, 27 May 2005 12:21 am

At Emirates, u will be based there for 3 years and they will not schedule you for Singapore flights on the first 2 years of your career with them. Only on your 3rd year would u be allowed to fly Dubai-Sin routes. BUT u get to come back to Singapore once a year. The pay is fantastic anything from 5000 to 8000 much better than SQ! A shared condo and the chance to live in one of the world richest country and the richest in the gulf region. Further more tax free wat u earn is yours to keep!! And they are not as bitchy as the SQ team!!!

sadboy

SIA interview

Post by sadboy » Fri, 27 May 2005 12:23 am

Anyone here knows how many guys eventually signed on with SIA as stewards from the april interview ?

Would there be an upcoming interview for stewards soon ?

Re: SIA interview

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 2:39 am

sadboy wrote:Anyone here knows how many guys eventually signed on with SIA as stewards from the april interview ?

Would there be an upcoming interview for stewards soon ?
SIA recruits stewards once a year. you got to wait till next year for their interview.

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 8:35 am

Reject-boi : Any tips about Emirates interview?? The process and duration? The interview is 9.30 to 4pm. Is it walk-in, meaning we don't have to stay there from morning til late afternoon? Can't be whole day right?

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 8:38 am

Anyone knows about the take home salary of SILKAIR cabin crew?

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Fri, 27 May 2005 9:16 am

the duration of the Emirates interview really depends on how crowded it is... u can go anytime from 930 to 4 and the real interaction process with the interviewers take only ten minutes... but coz its a walk in, u gotta queue for hours to get in... anyway, its not true that u cant fly back during the first 2 years. my fren has joined emirates for only a year and she has come back several times...

also, those who intend to go this sat, ba warned... its pretty tough. they as u questions that u really wouldnt expect...

catmeatt

Re: Emirates

Post by catmeatt » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:14 am

guests wrote:At Emirates, u will be based there for 3 years and they will not schedule you for Singapore flights on the first 2 years of your career with them. Only on your 3rd year would u be allowed to fly Dubai-Sin routes. BUT u get to come back to Singapore once a year. The pay is fantastic anything from 5000 to 8000 much better than SQ! A shared condo and the chance to live in one of the world richest country and the richest in the gulf region. Further more tax free wat u earn is yours to keep!! And they are not as bitchy as the SQ team!!!
sounds too good to be true

Post by Guest » Fri, 27 May 2005 2:10 pm

anyone got reply frm silkair?