Singapore Expats

Short term Hostel for International Graduate Student

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
frtome.pt

Short term Hostel for International Graduate Student

Post by frtome.pt » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 9:14 pm

Hi everyone,

So recently I posted a topic on Relocating, Moving to Singapore at http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic95830.html .

Basically, I am 23 foreign Male Portuguese student that has secured a place to study a Masters in Singapore, at NUS. However, due to the amount of applications on accomodation, they have failed to secure a place to stay.

So, before finding a room to rent in Singapore, I am looking for a Hostel where I can stay short-term (2 weeks). This would give me time to settle in, get to know the city better, take care of some paper work, meet new people and find an apartment.

I am looking for a Single 1 person room in a Hostel near NUS, around Queenstown, from 20th July onwards. Does someone have any good contacts for this type of accomodation?

I will greatly appreciate all the help offered. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Frederico

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Short term Hostel for International Graduate Student

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 9:28 am

frtome.pt wrote:Hi everyone,

So recently I posted a topic on Relocating, Moving to Singapore at http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic95830.html .

Basically, I am 23 foreign Male Portuguese student that has secured a place to study a Masters in Singapore, at NUS. However, due to the amount of applications on accomodation, they have failed to secure a place to stay.

So, before finding a room to rent in Singapore, I am looking for a Hostel where I can stay short-term (2 weeks). This would give me time to settle in, get to know the city better, take care of some paper work, meet new people and find an apartment.

I am looking for a Single 1 person room in a Hostel near NUS, around Queenstown, from 20th July onwards. Does someone have any good contacts for this type of accomodation?

I will greatly appreciate all the help offered. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Frederico
http://bit.ly/14yq4T7

Fret not :)

andrewskg

Re: Short term Hostel for International Graduate Student

Post by andrewskg » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 7:01 pm

Hello Frederico,
I am more or less at the same situation with you. I found that the cheapest places to stay for the few days before registration are mostly in Geylang. I found that it is not a very good neighbourhood, but I think the location is convenient (central and easy to explore around). Haven't found any hostels around NUS, just www.booking.com (if you haven't already).

By the way, where will you be staying when you start your MSc, and what is your subject?

cheers

richardneil

Post by richardneil » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 7:31 pm

Hello, sorry to dig up an old thread im from the UK and also doing a masters at NUS, did you manage to find a place to live, I am still on the hunt!