Singapore Expats

Watching films on the internet legally

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
globalsign

Post by globalsign » Thu, 01 Aug 2013 2:45 pm

Torrent! lol I once worked in SG and it seems like they have lightspeed internet connection. Don't get caught though.

stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by stiwi » Thu, 08 Aug 2013 5:26 pm

As mentioned before, ViewQwest and MyReplubic offer services that allow you to watch blocked streams from Netflix, Hulu, BBC, Sky etc. As for breaking the law, I would normally think they (ISP) are the first who break them and take financial advantage by offering such products.

Apart from them, there are also DNS forwarders like SmartDNS (Overplay) or Unotelly, both have local SG IP servers for DNS usage. It is very simple to use and doesn't slow down your internet like VPN does. However if your ISP use transparent proxy (which I think all major ISP do), using DNS forwarding service can be painful.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 09 Aug 2013 8:19 am

stiwi wrote: However if your ISP use transparent proxy (which I think all major ISP do), using DNS forwarding service can be painful.
The big three, Singtel, Starhub, and M1, do this. That is the primary reason I went with a small ISP, they don't. It's worth giving up whatever crappy bundle discount prices you have.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 09 Aug 2013 8:21 am

globalsign wrote:Torrent! lol I once worked in SG and it seems like they have lightspeed internet connection. Don't get caught though.
Either this post is just spam trying to get enough so you can send PMs, or you're a retard. Singpore's major ISPs have terrible performance. There are pretty major bandwidth throttles and high latency to anything outside of Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:50 am

As he is an obvious advertiser, I'm just waiting for a misstep so I can lock him out of his account. I'm assuming both x & nak are also waiting for the same. It's coming........

tic...toc...tic...toxic....

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zhizhong07

Post by zhizhong07 » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:06 am

You might want to see streamed video from popular site like youtube, dailymotion and vimeo.