Singapore Expats

Taking A Filipina Girl To Singapore - Tourist Visa

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:18 am

Just stand your ground that you are a tourist. If you blink, they will think you are lying.I think Filipinos are profiled everywhere not just with the Philippine immigration. Its a fact we have to accept.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:19 am

bgd wrote:
Steve1960 wrote: In fact they could not understand why we would even offer to do so and they told the lady that we would almost certainly expect something in return for said support! :shock: :o
Wasn’t this the same lady you wanted to bring out as live-in maid? Perhaps immigration were onto something here…. :D :D

From where I'm sitting today looks like Friday … :wink:
relax .. the current debate pertains to ruh2good's questions ..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:20 am

morenangpinay wrote:Just stand your ground that you are a tourist. If you blink, they will think you are lying.I think Filipinos are profiled everywhere not just with the Philippine immigration. Its a fact we have to accept.
are you kidding .. ?? The PH passport allows visa-on-arrival in Asean countries right ?

For me, My passport is even more 'respected' all over the world :D :D don't try guessing .. :D

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:34 am

ecureilx wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:Just stand your ground that you are a tourist. If you blink, they will think you are lying.I think Filipinos are profiled everywhere not just with the Philippine immigration. Its a fact we have to accept.
are you kidding .. ?? The PH passport allows visa-on-arrival in Asean countries right ?

For me, My passport is even more 'respected' all over the world :D :D don't try guessing .. :D

except visa on arrival doesnt mean guaranteed entrance to the asean countries. they can still deny you .

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:14 pm

bgd wrote: Wasn’t this the same lady you wanted to bring out as live-in maid? Perhaps immigration were onto something here…. :D :D

From where I'm sitting today looks like Friday … :wink:
haha, well yes it was the same lady but we had no intention of employing her as a maid at that time. Having taken good advice from this forum we realised that if she wanted to work for us as a maid she would have to return to the Philippines to start the process.

It is a Friday right, we start the holiday's tomorrow :wink:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:39 pm

morenangpinay wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

except visa on arrival doesnt mean guaranteed entrance to the asean countries. they can still deny you .
let's not go there, now .. for me, most visa processing is 30 days or more .. then ? can you beat that ? :D

I mean, in Asean, except Singapore, where things are bit tighter, the rest of the Asean countries aren't so bothered ..