Singapore Expats

Declining Service?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 5:52 pm

Folks are we still on the topic of 'Declining Service' or have we move on to discussing the pros and cons of drinking coffee :D
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 6:21 pm

When the bar is set so low , how is it possible to decline?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 7:15 pm

the lynx wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Thank you Lynx. This is a new word for me:
普通话
I'll try that next time, it may work better :P

I don't know you're very fluent in Chinese! I'd be floored if you speak as good as you type in the next gathering.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 8:58 pm

You think you all got it bad. I had a cup of tea the other day and it cost me S$4.50! And the kicker is that they just gave me a cup of hot water and a tea bag. So I just about did everything myself! :shock:

Plus they'd forgotten our muffin orders completely.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 31 Jul 2013 8:26 am

Max Headroom wrote:You think you all got it bad. I had a cup of tea the other day and it cost me S$4.50! And the kicker is that they just gave me a cup of hot water and a tea bag. So I just about did everything myself! :shock:

... :oops:
Looks like they've found an extension to the word "airport tax"... :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Jul 2013 9:36 am

Max Headroom wrote:You think you all got it bad. I had a cup of tea the other day and it cost me S$4.50! And the kicker is that they just gave me a cup of hot water and a tea bag. So I just about did everything myself! :shock:

Yeah, that really pisses me off as well. I go to the airport to pick up my daughter and sit down and have a cup of Earl Grey and a Blueberry muffin. The tea is a cup of hot water and a teabag, and yeah, $4.50!

Somehow, instead of quoting Max I just typed in his post about the airport. Corrected now. :oops:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 31 Jul 2013 9:40 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Yeah, that really pisses me off as well. I go to the airport to pick up my daughter and sit down and have a cup of Earl Grey and a Blueberry muffin. The tea is a cup of hot water and a teabag, and yeah, $4.50!

Somehow, instead of quoting Max I just typed in his post about the airport. Corrected now. :oops:
LOL. Now that made sense!