Singapore Expats

which medical insurance?

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 4:05 pm

pjays02 wrote:If you want affordable policies, definitely the local ones. NTUC, AIA, etc. I got my health insurance from xxxxx, and the claims/customer service was alright too. Only thing is they don't cover dental & pregnancy here. :(
Hmm, there's a strange echo in here...
AndyWillie wrote:If you want affordable policies, definitely the local ones. NTUC, AIA, etc. I got my health insurance from xxxx, and children are actually covered for free till they turn 20. And no dental or pregnancy included.
Last edited by Mi Amigo on Fri, 09 Nov 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful what you wish for

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 4:10 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
pjays02 wrote:If you want affordable policies, definitely the local ones. NTUC, AIA, etc. I got my health insurance from posb, and the claims/customer service was alright too. Only thing is they don't cover dental & pregnancy here. :(
Hmm, there's a strange echo in here...
AndyWillie wrote:If you want affordable policies, definitely the local ones. NTUC, AIA, etc. I got my health insurance from posb, and children are actually covered for free till they turn 20. And no dental or pregnancy included.
Haha I thought I was the only one who noticed that :P

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 4:24 pm

pjays02 wrote:If you want affordable policies, definitely the local ones. NTUC, AIA, etc. I got my health insurance from posb, and the claims/customer service was alright too. Only thing is they don't cover dental & pregnancy here. :(
pjays02 - You best not be posting under two different user names... or both are going to be gone.

imalipusram

Post by imalipusram » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 6:12 am

Lilie wrote:
Thank you very much, then it seems to be better if I make a contract with a German insurance, it costs 140 SG/month (100% coverage)

Lilie
Hi Lilie,

would you mind to tell us (me) the name of this company?

Thx!

Wo

ebiburger

Post by ebiburger » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:31 pm

The local insurers's health insurance plans are generally much cheaper but are not as comprehensive.

List of exclusions:
Pregnancy costs(except in the case of pregnancy complications)
Outpatient Care which does not lead to hospitalization
Dental
Non-emergency costs that does not lead to hospitalization.
Normal medical costs such as flu, fever etc

Note that, in most of the cases, a claim can only be done if one were to be hospitalized, while certain day surgery can be claimed too.

That being said, local insurer's health insurance still provides sufficient medical coverage if one were to be hospitalized or being diagnosed with criticall illnesses, at a affordable cost.

Do note that among the five major insurance companies: Great Eastern, AIA, Prudential , NTUC and Aviva, there are certain variations as well.

XRega

Post by XRega » Fri, 19 Oct 2012 2:27 pm

Here's the list of prices across all insurers in Singapore

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... Plans.html

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:48 am

Bye bye :wave: